96 Jetta Coolant Light & No Heat

Old March 4th 05, 11:29 PM
Lee

Default 96 Jetta Coolant Light & No Heat

Notice Coolant Light came on, check engine and main hose to radiactor was
disconnected, plug back in, filled with a bottle of G11 & Water til full,
coolant light is still on and not the car steams up and gets hot.

any ideas?

-Lee

Old March 5th 05, 01:20 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

check your coolant level sensor

Old March 6th 05, 01:43 PM
Jo Bo

If I read it right, your car is steaming. If so you've not bled all the air
out yet. As far as the light, on older ones I've found you need to shut the
engine off to clear the light. If you still have problems you may have blown
a head gasket by letting it get it too hot.
JoBo

Old March 6th 05, 08:06 PM
Lee

had it vacum down and the correct stuff put in.. seems good.. been driving
on it for 3 days.

-LEe

96 Jetta No Heat Lee VW water cooled 9 March 5th 05 06:04 PM
2004 Jetta TDI-Little Heat Charlie Wendell VW water cooled 9 February 21st 05 05:28 PM
No Heat, Loosing Coolant Matthew Technology 6 January 8th 05 04:27 AM
engine coolant light stonecreek Saturn 3 November 27th 04 04:41 PM
Engine coolant light Peter VW water cooled 2 October 21st 04 02:29 AM