removing door handle

Old October 18th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dennis Leong

Default removing door handle

I just got a passenger side door for a 2001 Accord coupe. I've gotten the
door completely stripped except for the door handle. The only thing I can
see preventing it from coming off w/o mangling it is the lock cylinder.
There is a metal plate behind the handle that interlocks with the lock
cylinder. If I can remove the metal plate the handle will come off but the
lock cylinder needs to be removed first. How do I get t his cylinder off?
I don't have the key for it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Old October 18th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

Dennis Leong wrote:

> I just got a passenger side door for a 2001 Accord coupe. I've gotten the
> door completely stripped except for the door handle. The only thing I can
> see preventing it from coming off w/o mangling it is the lock cylinder.
> There is a metal plate behind the handle that interlocks with the lock
> cylinder. If I can remove the metal plate the handle will come off but the
> lock cylinder needs to be removed first. How do I get t his cylinder off?
> I don't have the key for it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

www.slhondaparts has your exploded view diagrams.

'Curly'
Old October 18th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dennis Leong

Your link was missing the .com. I see it now! There's a c-clip (ring)
behind the metal plate holding the cylinder. Thank you.

Removing E39 front bumper. Mike G BMW 1 August 21st 06 03:39 PM
Inspect ignition switch key lock solenoid w/out removing console? [email protected] VW water cooled 1 July 7th 06 02:13 AM
Removing rear gear rod splitty Phatman VW air cooled 2 May 27th 06 06:16 PM
removing LCD from '95 Bones Corvette 0 August 25th 05 03:04 PM
Removing axle on a 98 Grand Am [email protected] Technology 1 May 10th 05 07:36 PM