92 Blazer "Key-In Buzzer"

Old November 14th 04, 12:34 AM
Eugene

Gary wrote:

> Hey all,
> I bought a new 'key-in/headlight on' buzzer thingy (small module, 1
> row of 4 contacts, 1 row of 3 contacts) from the local Chevy dealer,
> but can't find out where it goes into!! Where does this buzzer module
> go??
>
> The parts man said it is supposed to be somewhere near the park brake
> pedal, but darned if I can find the socket!!!
>
> I have only a few months history with this vehicle.... the old buzzer
> module, which was reported by Previous Owner to buzz ALL the time was
> laying loose in the glove box, so I don't know where it came out of.
>
> A strange thing::: I notice that the floor dome lights (under the
> dash) are good lamps, but do not light with the overhead domes. Since
> the buzzer was routed through the panel dimmer swithc, according to my
> Haynes Manual, I wonder if this is related???
>
> But my biggest question is still: Where does this buzzer plug in
> to??? (Wife kinda leaves the lights on sometimes )
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Gary

That panel under the steering column removes and it plugs in just to the
right of the parking brake release.

Old November 17th 04, 12:30 AM
Gary

Hey you guys!!
Thanks for the great help!! I found the socket for the key in
buzzer, and all is fine with that module now!!
No, Did not test the old module, because a previous shop had
removed it & it was gone. I am pretty sure my wife got ripped off by
an unsrupulous shop (before we were married), but she sure does like
that her light buzzer works again!!!
I couldn't have done it without your help!!!

I still have the issue of the 'underdash' floor courtesy lights not
working, but I'm betting that perhaps there is an unplugged plug up
there somewhere, and I will search more this coming weekend.

"Just cause it's an old Blazer, doesn't mean everything shouldn't
work!!"
So, I keep on trying! We really can't afford something newer at
this time, but gosh, her truck is in such good condition overall, that
it would be silly to get something newer!!
Chevy Trucks Rule!!!

Thanks,
Gary