People Last

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 13th 04, 03:53 AM
Dave

Wow, your story sounds familiar. 4 years ago, I was on the highway when
somone ahead of me in a
Jeep ran over a hammer lying on the road, and kicked it into the air. It hit
the front
fascia and hood of my SC2 and did around $1200.00 of damage.
You obviously had a lot more damage, but the one thing that will make it sting
a little
less is imagining what could have happened if that tire had hit the driver's
side
of your windshield. Just one of life's little reminders of how quickly it can
all end.

And I can sympathize with you on the work front as well. I used to work at
an auto group (auto mall, kind of ) that owned a Saturn dealership, among
others.
They were really quite ruthless when it came to dealing with employees,
particularly
sales people (I worked in parts). Sales consultants who hit a slump got fired,

plain and simple. The dealership owner is a decamillionaire (at least)
who lives in a mansion built
and formerly owned by one of the members of the Dupont family.
Hope things start looking up. Good news is, if you can handle auto sales,
you could probably move into a more lucrative sales line when you've
had enough of the dealership treatment.

DT