I need some assistance w/NR2003 .....................

Old June 8th 05, 10:02 PM
Doug

Default I need some assistance w/NR2003 .....................

Hi there all;

Was wondering if anyone could assit me with a few things
concerning NASCAR RACING 2003 season

(1) Does anyone know where I can get some GOOD decal sets,
including the NUMBERS for when i paint the cars?

(2) I have the "noCD patch" but it didn't have a "readme" file
--- how do I install it --- and where in the sim?

your assist is appreciated

Doug

Old June 9th 05, 06:04 AM
Timmy Ferrell

http://www.masgrafx.com/masgrafxracing/

> (2) I have the "noCD patch" but it didn't have a "readme" file
> --- how do I install it --- and where in the sim?
>
> your assist is appreciated

A "no-cd" patch is usually more trouble than it's worth, in my
experience. Unless you are trying to hack the game and using an illegal
install, or some such, stay away from them in my opinion. The mods and
patches will not work.
If you are trying to use an illegal install, well you get what you pay
for.
HTH
Timmy

Old June 10th 05, 04:33 PM
Doug

Thanks for the info ...............

I have the disk and the complete sim from Papy. I didn't realize the
mods don't work with them ----------

Will keep putting the disk in the cd each time -------- and protect
that cd with my life! ---------- and pass on the no cd patch

Much obliged for the heads-up

Doug

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 05:04:57 GMT, "Timmy Ferrell"

Old June 10th 05, 06:18 PM
Gil

Also, multiplayer won't work with the no-cd patch, and multiplayer is
the heart and soul of this game.

Old June 10th 05, 08:19 PM
Trill Morgan

"Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in message
. ..
> A "no-cd" patch is usually more trouble than it's worth, in my
> experience. The mods and patches will not work.

I beg to differ. I use the no-cd patch all the time WITH all the mods
installed.

I also never have to put a CD in again, AND I can play online to boot! :-P

Old June 10th 05, 08:32 PM
Plowboy

With the NR03 CD selling for 90-120 USD, and since you cant get one from
Sierra anymore (I read that havent tried it frrom sierra), I think it is
safe to tell you how to keep the CD in it's protective case... I do it
because the kids ruined my 1st copy of Version 4 & 02.

Look for the utility called Blindwrite. use it to create a ISO (Image) on
your HD, with it. (CD like this you need 650 megs to waste on the
HardDrive, cause you got to keep it and run your apps you know) FYI, I
tried to burn a copy, seems to me it DIDNT WORK? but who knows, I have a
better CD writer now, but I have 200gigs+, and other removable drives too.

Then go find Daemon tools, carefully by googling. setup Deamon Tools to use
(mount) that image as a "VIrtual CD in your Daemon tools created Virutual cd
drive". However I hear some games will not install if you have this util
(and others like CloneCD), Yet I cannot remember who all's tittles had
trouble because it simply checked to see if it existed on your PC. So
caveat Emptor?

Yeah, ok to the possible flame bait Piracy Nazi's, I say too dayum bad,
legit uses of paint and other products that are sold everyday, sure some
will 'huff it', it is thier choice.

Guns dont kill people, people *use* guns to kill people. I know a guy who
owns 0 guns, ran over a guy & killed him. go figure?

Gil enlightened us with:

Old June 10th 05, 11:25 PM
jwilson54

Been using blindwrite and daemon since I got the the cd when it first
came out

Old June 11th 05, 01:39 AM
Byron Forbes

"Trill Morgan" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> A "no-cd" patch is usually more trouble than it's worth, in my
>> experience. The mods and patches will not work.

> I beg to differ. I use the no-cd patch all the time WITH all the mods
> installed.
>
> I also never have to put a CD in again, AND I can play online to boot!
> :-P

Yep, just not via Sierra. Is that even still running?

Old June 11th 05, 02:51 AM
Trill Morgan

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
> > I also never have to put a CD in again, AND I can play online to boot!
> > :-P

> Yep, just not via Sierra. Is that even still running?

Pardon, but that IS with Sierra....:-P

And yes, it is still running.

Old June 11th 05, 09:04 AM

Plowboy wrote:

> With the NR03 CD selling for 90-120 USD, and since you cant get one from
> Sierra anymore (I read that havent tried it frrom sierra), I think it is
> safe to tell you how to keep the CD in it's protective case

90 bucks plus!? Holy cow! Guess I should feel lucky to have gotten my
copy for around $20.

I've had no problems making copies of games with Nero.

Tara
--
http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/nascar.htm