Just a few questions

Old December 23rd 04, 08:34 AM
J K

Default Just a few questions

Hey everybody! I just bought my first vintage Beetle (1966) and I have
a few questions:

1) My plans are to build a German-Look daily driver; what modifications
will I have to make to get 17" Porsche wheels under the fenders?

2) I've picked up a lot of information on the Internet about putting a
Type 4 motor into a Beetle. What is the largest displacement Type 4
motor that will fit under the decklid? Also, what are the HP figures
(flywheel and wheel both, if possible)?

3) Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket heating and A/C
units from Barney's and I.C.E.? I'd like to know if it would be worth
it to get these kits.

4) Could someone either confirm or deny the existence of signal mirrors
for vintage Beetles?
For some reason, I thought I saw them somewhere but can't remember
where. If they don't exist, how difficult would it be to install these?

That's about it. Thanks for the help.

Gideon Sumner
1966 VW Beetle

Old December 24th 04, 02:12 PM
Still in Primer

Hope somebody helps you with your other questions but as far as the AC
unit is concerned you may want to look at Gilmore Enterprises. I believe
these are the same ones that aircooled.net is selling.

J K wrote:
> Hey everybody! I just bought my first vintage Beetle (1966) and I have
> a few questions:
>
> 1) My plans are to build a German-Look daily driver; what modifications
> will I have to make to get 17" Porsche wheels under the fenders?
>
> 2) I've picked up a lot of information on the Internet about putting a
> Type 4 motor into a Beetle. What is the largest displacement Type 4
> motor that will fit under the decklid? Also, what are the HP figures
> (flywheel and wheel both, if possible)?
>
> 3) Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket heating and A/C
> units from Barney's and I.C.E.? I'd like to know if it would be worth
> it to get these kits.
>
> 4) Could someone either confirm or deny the existence of signal mirrors
> for vintage Beetles?
> For some reason, I thought I saw them somewhere but can't remember
> where. If they don't exist, how difficult would it be to install these?
>
> That's about it. Thanks for the help.
>
> Gideon Sumner
> 1966 VW Beetle

Questions, questions, questions Vernon Balbert BMW 15 January 16th 05 03:01 AM
First BMW - 318iS - few questions? Kevin Rhodes BMW 5 November 16th 04 10:02 PM
2001 740I(L) Questions FSJ BMW 3 October 6th 04 11:59 AM
Some more newbie questions Ypnos Alfa Romeo 7 June 23rd 04 10:35 AM