hello again!, and a question!

Old December 22nd 04, 12:46 AM
AXL

Default hello again!, and a question!

Been a while since last post, (2 yrs.) but glad to be back working on the
bug!! I am curious as to why I am having such a hard time finding a complete
(new) wiring harness and fuse box for my 74 Super?? Why is the super beetle
so hard to get electrical stuff for???? Can you direct me to a company, or
website??? any help would be great!!! thanks, and glad to be back with you
guys!!!!!!

Old December 22nd 04, 01:00 AM
Speedy Jim

AXL wrote:

> Been a while since last post, (2 yrs.) but glad to be back working on the
> bug!! I am curious as to why I am having such a hard time finding a complete
> (new) wiring harness and fuse box for my 74 Super?? Why is the super beetle
> so hard to get electrical stuff for???? Can you direct me to a company, or
> website??? any help would be great!!! thanks, and glad to be back with you
> guys!!!!!!

John Connolly of
http://www.aircooled.net/
may have more precise info, but the '73 harness is close enough
(and available).

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old December 23rd 04, 01:41 AM
MUADIB®

>may have more precise info, but the '73 harness is close enough
>(and available).

Are you sure Jim?

I thought the 74 Super was a rounded windshield bug? No?

Damned if I don't feel like I missed something on ID on this one.

Yup, It's a Round one( looked it up on sebeetles.com)

There's gonna be some *major* differences on those to a 73 and prior.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Old December 23rd 04, 01:51 AM
Speedy Jim

MUADIB® wrote:
>>may have more precise info, but the '73 harness is close enough
>>(and available).

> Are you sure Jim?
>
> I thought the 74 Super was a rounded windshield bug? No?
>
> Damned if I don't feel like I missed something on ID on this one.
>
> Yup, It's a Round one( looked it up on sebeetles.com)
>
> There's gonna be some *major* differences on those to a 73 and prior.

Nope. The roundy windshield began in '73., Along with the
different dash and the rocker switches. And "Elephant Foot"
tail lights.
And the fuseblock under the dash, instead of in the trunk.

Any difference in the harness between '73 and '74 was minor;
for example, Alt vs. Gen. And seatbelt interlock wiring.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old December 24th 04, 12:50 AM
MUADIB®

Sorry Guys, I could sworn the KILLBEETLE was a 73 super beetle.
Lemme do some more searching on this.............UH huh.........72.
My bad , fellas.................Anyone need a one year model fender
for the right rear of a 73 Beetle?............They were "elephant
foot" lights, but straight through bumper brackets. That's how you
adapt a 74 to the cheap bumper mounts isn't it?
"Dammit Jim , I'm a stereo repair guy. Not an entomologist !!"...LOL

Old December 24th 04, 12:55 AM
MUADIB®

Also, since I made a fool of myself with the question of which year
was the round windshield started, I shall ad that if you go to my
website,..............well, one I used to could modify, and look at
the ads, one of them is advertising complete wiring harnesses for VW
aircooleds.

http://ssterile.tripod.com/KILLBEETLE/

It was gonna be a fun website and somehow I haven;t any control over
it anymore since Tripod started putting ads on
it............Completely locked my out...............

good luck on the harness.