Just a comment

Old December 21st 04, 12:46 AM
Jeff Kleier

Default Just a comment

VW owners are a unique breed. We see much more than an amalgam of
metal, plastic, and rubber; we see a blank canvas.

Some may want to do a full-on restoration, complete with every accessory
imaginable; some may want to build a street-fighter Beetle, with 17"
wheels, "boomer" stereo, and air bags.
That's all fine. We should try to stick together as a group, to build,
rebuild, and restore our chosen types of cars, Volkswagens.

There are plenty of people out there driving their Camaros, Mustangs,
and Hondas that just don't get it. They never will. It takes a special
kind of person to want to wrench on a 25-50yo car, that has
less-than-great heating, underpowered, and sounds like a runaway lawn
mower!

It is great to see the Cal-Look cars, Carson-topped cruisers, now,
V-Rods! It's great that there are people using today's technology and
applying it to our vintage VWs.

Hippies, punks, metalheads, preps, wannabes, and everyone else in
between. I think the world of ACVWs is large enough to be all-inclusive
to anyone who has a special place in their hearts for our favorite
"little car".

Old December 21st 04, 01:52 AM
jjs

"Jeff Kleier" > wrote in message
>[...]
> Hippies, punks, metalheads, preps, wannabes, and everyone else in
> between. I think the world of ACVWs is large enough to be all-inclusive
> to anyone who has a special place in their hearts for our favorite
> "little car".

Lemmie guess, the next line is GROUP HUG! Right.

Just for balance, I think I'll drift over to the dark side; methinks I see a
recovering ACVW jeepster over there eating ribs.

*brrrr* these sensitive types send a shiver up me spine.

Old December 21st 04, 12:59 PM
Shaggie

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:52:03 -0600, "jjs" > wrote:

>Just for balance, I think I'll drift over to the dark side; methinks I see a
>recovering ACVW jeepster over there eating ribs.

And they heard him cry as he waved goodbye....
"I'll be back again someday!"

---

"Knowledge speaks; wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix
"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old December 21st 04, 01:31 PM
Dennis Wik

Don't get bummed out John today, save some for christmas. Speaking of
different types of custom vehicles, my super is a mixed bag in progress.
It's a retro, budget, unique, unwraped pile of parts without
instructions. Reminds me of the old Johnny Cash song about his 49, 50,
51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 Cadillac. I love it.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old December 21st 04, 05:20 PM
K5

"Jeff Kleier" > wrote in message
> VW owners are a unique breed. We see much more than an amalgam of
> metal, plastic, and rubber; we see a blank canvas.

STFU

Old December 21st 04, 06:01 PM
David Gravereaux

Shaggie > wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:52:03 -0600, "jjs" > wrote:
>

>>Just for balance, I think I'll drift over to the dark side; methinks I see a
>>recovering ACVW jeepster over there eating ribs.

>And they heard him cry as he waved goodbye....
> "I'll be back again someday!"

Travis,

Going back to baja or maybe a thing/181 using a 4WD pan from a Kubelwagen
this time? Or maybe steal all the guts from a Syncro transporter and
redo a beetle pan to hold it all? What'cha think?
--
David Gravereaux >
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
Old December 21st 04, 10:39 PM
Shaggie

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:01:42 -0800, David Gravereaux
> wrote:

>Shaggie > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:52:03 -0600, "jjs" > wrote:
>>

>>>Just for balance, I think I'll drift over to the dark side; methinks I see a
>>>recovering ACVW jeepster over there eating ribs.

>>And they heard him cry as he waved goodbye....
>> "I'll be back again someday!"

>Travis,
>
>Going back to baja or maybe a thing/181 using a 4WD pan from a Kubelwagen
>this time? Or maybe steal all the guts from a Syncro transporter and
>redo a beetle pan to hold it all? What'cha think?

I'm thinking of something like this: :-)
http://www.geocities.com/sandrail71/

---

Old December 23rd 04, 01:23 PM
cloud8

"jjs" > wrote in :

> "Jeff Kleier" > wrote in message
>>[...]
>> Hippies, punks, metalheads, preps, wannabes, and everyone else in
>> between. I think the world of ACVWs is large enough to be
>> all-inclusive to anyone who has a special place in their hearts for
>> our favorite "little car".

> Lemmie guess, the next line is GROUP HUG! Right.
>
> Just for balance, I think I'll drift over to the dark side; methinks I
> see a recovering ACVW jeepster over there eating ribs.
>
> *brrrr* these sensitive types send a shiver up me spine.

Phew! Thanks, John. I was starting to feel warm and fuzzy for a moment.

--
Bill Merrill
Arlington, Mass.

Noisey VUE Scout Saturn 5 January 16th 05 12:59 AM
Two Comment Periods Closing on Monday Greg Adams 4x4 0 November 12th 04 06:00 AM
Last Chance on Forest Service OHV Comment Period Greg Adams 4x4 0 September 11th 04 06:49 AM
Comment Period Deadline on OHV Rule Coming Up Greg Adams 4x4 0 September 3rd 04 04:40 AM