fuel consumption of 3.2l GT?

Old June 10th 04, 08:57 PM
Thomas Hahn

Default fuel consumption of 3.2l GT?

Hy there,

I'm thinking about buying a Alfa Romeo GT 3.2l V6, but was wondering
about the "real" consumption per 100 km. I`m especially interested in the
xconsumption at high speed for example when going with an average speed of
around 160 km/h.
Thanks in advance
Thomas

Old June 11th 04, 12:32 PM
Simon

"Thomas Hahn" > wrote in message >...
> Hy there,
>
> I'm thinking about buying a Alfa Romeo GT 3.2l V6, but was wondering
> about the "real" consumption per 100 km. I`m especially interested in the
> xconsumption at high speed for example when going with an average speed of
> around 160 km/h.
> Thanks in advance
> Thomas

If you're worried about petrol consumption, I would think twice! ;-)

I've got a 2.5V6 and get about 23mpg (sorry don't know how to convert
to km/l) in town and 30 on the motorway. I would expect that to be 18
and 25 for the 3.2.

Hope this helps.

BTW - buy it and enjoy it and just fill it up when it needs! Thats my
real advice.
Old June 11th 04, 03:27 PM
Tom Boltwood

> From: (Simon)
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: 11 Jun 2004 04:32:28 -0700
> Subject: fuel consumption of 3.2l GT?
>
> "Thomas Hahn" > wrote in message
>> Hy there,
>>
>> I'm thinking about buying a Alfa Romeo GT 3.2l V6, but was wondering
>> about the "real" consumption per 100 km. I`m especially interested in the
>> xconsumption at high speed for example when going with an average speed of
>> around 160 km/h.
>> Thanks in advance
>> Thomas

> If you're worried about petrol consumption, I would think twice! ;-)
>
> I've got a 2.5V6 and get about 23mpg (sorry don't know how to convert
> to km/l) in town and 30 on the motorway. I would expect that to be 18
> and 25 for the 3.2.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> BTW - buy it and enjoy it and just fill it up when it needs! Thats my
> real advice.

My Dad used to have a 164 3.0 V6 and he got 30 to the gallon on average with
35 to the gallon on the motorway. He didn't hang around either. We were very
surprised by the economy. It was a 12v, I don't know whether or not there's
a great difference between the 12 valves and the 24 valve engines.

Old June 11th 04, 03:50 PM
Richard

I'd expect an average of 26-28mpg.

I get a very consistent 28mpg from my GTV V6 3.0 24v.

Old June 11th 04, 08:10 PM
Alfistagj

If you're worried about that, get yourself a 1.9JTD!!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Thomas Hahn" > schreef in bericht

Old June 12th 04, 12:42 PM
Aad Doix

I do not want to be rude, but having an Alfa Romeo 3.2 V6 I think fuel
consumption is the last thing thinking about... ;-)))

And well, it depends on your driving style of course. The engine sounds
marvellous so NOT revving the engine would be a heavy struggle. I think you
have to think about 1 litre per 6 to 9 km (depending on high speeds on the
highway to town-use or driving it the relaxed way).

Greetz and Enjoy!

Aad

Old June 12th 04, 02:37 PM
MarkK

"Thomas Hahn" > wrote in message
> Hy there,
>
> I'm thinking about buying a Alfa Romeo GT 3.2l V6, but was wondering
> about the "real" consumption per 100 km. I`m especially interested in the
> xconsumption at high speed for example when going with an average speed of
> around 160 km/h.
> Thanks in advance
> Thomas

In a similar engined car, the 164 3.0 24V, I used about 11 litres/100km at a
steady 160kph (not in the UK!). I found it only got a bit worse when
cruising at between 180 and 225kph in Germany, when I used about 11.5
litres/100km.

I would expect the 3.2l to use only a little more fuel.

By the way, it's a perfectly reasonable question if you do a lot of miles at
that speed :-)

Mark

PS For interested UK people, the above translates into:
25.6mpg @ 100mph
24.5mpg @ 110-140mph

Old June 12th 04, 07:49 PM
Bert Kanters

Test in dutch autoweek, about 1 liter/6.5 km