11 to 23 ?

Old December 14th 04, 11:00 PM
tricky

Default 11 to 23 ?

Hi

Anyone know of any diags or plans to show where to cut the extra windows
to turn an 11 window bus to a 23 window samba !

Just another of my crazy ideas !

Thought I could make the top windows out of acrylic.

Rich
Old December 14th 04, 11:52 PM
Busman

I'd look for a wrecked 21 windo and graft the roof. I would not even attempt
to cut new holes in the roof.
Andy
63 Camper

Old December 17th 04, 10:50 AM
tricky

I wouldnt want to do that !

a: I am in the uk -- If there was a wrecked samba it would still be
worth resoring and so worth more that the roof !

b: I cant forsee any dificulty in cutting a few holes in the roof -
Might even put a ragtop in too !

I will prob get around to trying it in the new year, although I have 4
bugs and 3 busses that need attention so this might be wishfull thinking :-)

Gives me time to try and find more info anyway.

Rich

Old December 17th 04, 03:06 PM
Braukuche

>b: I cant forsee any dificulty in cutting a few holes in the roof -
>Might even put a ragtop in too !

No other reason than that by cutting all those holes you weaken the Bus
structurally destroying its value. Ever seen the underside of a 21 or 23
window? The windows and ragtop are all braced, they are not just holes in the
sheet metal. Why not hunt around for the real thing instead of destroying yet
another Bus.
--Dan E