Limbs outside of cars

Old December 6th 04, 11:45 PM
Dave Head

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 06:08:53 GMT, "Wallaby" > wrote:

>What is the big deal with drivers now hanging their arms outside of their
>vehicles when driving?
>Its about time the police started to throw the book at these posers! It is
>an offence, ever since indicators were fitted to the automobiles.

Its innocuous, so I would _expect_ its _probably_ against the law in Virginia.
Not my problem - my windows are never open anyway... air conditioning.

Dave Head

Old December 7th 04, 12:27 AM
James C. Reeves

"Dave Head" > wrote in message
| On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 06:08:53 GMT, "Wallaby" > wrote:
|
| >What is the big deal with drivers now hanging their arms outside of their
| >vehicles when driving?
| >Its about time the police started to throw the book at these posers! It is
| >an offence, ever since indicators were fitted to the automobiles.
|
| Its innocuous, so I would _expect_ its _probably_ against the law in
Virginia.
| Not my problem - my windows are never open anyway... air conditioning.
|
| Dave Head

Can't be...how would one make a legal hand signal if they couldn't put their
arm out of the window?

Old December 7th 04, 12:27 AM
James C. Reeves

Old December 7th 04, 01:22 AM
John Harlow

James C. Reeves wrote:
> "Dave Head" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 06:08:53 GMT, "Wallaby" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> What is the big deal with drivers now hanging their arms outside of
>>> their vehicles when driving?
>>> Its about time the police started to throw the book at these
>>> posers! It is an offence, ever since indicators were fitted to the
>>> automobiles.

>> Its innocuous, so I would _expect_ its _probably_ against the law in
>> Virginia. Not my problem - my windows are never open anyway... air
>> conditioning.
>>
>> Dave Head
>>>

> Can't be...how would one make a legal hand signal if they couldn't
> put their arm out of the window?

He was joking. Everything is illegal in Virginia, no matter how innocuous.

Old December 7th 04, 01:22 AM
John Harlow

Old December 7th 04, 05:27 AM
Bill 2

"John Harlow" > wrote in message

> He was joking. Everything is illegal in Virginia, no matter how

innocuous.

Well, except LLBing

Old December 7th 04, 05:27 AM
Bill 2

Old December 7th 04, 05:50 AM
John Harlow

Bill 2 wrote:
> "John Harlow" > wrote in message
>
>> He was joking. Everything is illegal in Virginia, no matter how
>> innocuous.

> Well, except LLBing

If it were illegal 95% of the population wouldn't have licenses.

Old December 7th 04, 05:50 AM
John Harlow

Old December 7th 04, 04:14 PM
N8N

wrote:

> > >What is the big deal with drivers now hanging their arms outside

of their
> > >vehicles when driving?
> > >Its about time the police started to throw the book at these

posers! It
> is
> > >an offence, ever since indicators were fitted to the automobiles.
> > >

> > An offence?
> > When the signals don't work for whatever reason, arm signals are
> > *required*. Maybe that's one of the reasons it's not an offence.
> > And, how long haveyou been driving? Why "now"? This has been going

on
> > since I started riving, in the 60s. And I'm pretty sure it didn't
> > start then.

> I've occasionally used hand signals when I have a signal bulb go out,

before
> I'm able to replace the bulb (uses the same bulb as reverse lights,

so
> usually I get it replaced in short order). I'm sure only cyclists

know what
> I'm doing, given that everyone else is oblivious when they have
> nonfunctioning signals.

Just curious, what car do you drive where the signal lights are the
same bulb as the reverse lights? Only setup I've ever seen like that
was on export-market 60's era Studebakers.

Incidentally, that's a good way to confuse people at swap meets, show
up with some amber colored backup light lenses (actually fairly easy to
find, as there seem to be more of them left NOS than the clear ones)
for either a GT Hawk or late Lark type and watch people do double takes

nate

American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 05:27 PM
528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 07:38 PM
Dodge cars are EVIL, they are the automobiles of SATAN ! ! ! ! Hans-Marc Olsen Dodge 20 December 11th 04 01:53 AM
Dream Cars, The Best Cars in the World Rare Old Things Antique cars 0 February 14th 04 05:38 AM
many parts cars in NY Stephen Hawking Antique cars 1 October 25th 03 04:37 AM