1996 SL - opinions needed! Lemon, or no?

Old January 6th 05, 04:59 AM
Blah Blah

> yeah but looking at it sounds like a good reason to buy a Honda or
> Toyota. For example, on my Toyota Corolla my alternator never failed
> either, nor radiator, not the tranny, and not the fuel pump, ever, and I
> drove it for 109k miles. And I really didn[t take very good care of it
> either

There wasnt enough info in that message to impress anyone. As if we
cared anyhow. 109k is very mild mileage.
Old January 21st 05, 01:05 PM
George Wilson

fuel pump: every 60,000 miles although it should work longer, tranny
shouldnt go out for like 150,000 unless you dog it and race a whole
lot, or dont know how to drive stick, spark plugs and wires need to be
done about every60 - 80 thousand miles the sensoers usually go out at
100,000, so do i think its a lemon? no, just normal for american
made crap.

Old January 24th 05, 04:13 AM
Mike

Its 9 years old!
>>engine pcv (?)
>>engine air cleaner
>>engine breather
>>engine spark plug wiring (?)

pcv - gets gummed up with age. Cheap to replace.
air clearner? of course, every year or 2
spark plug wires, yes every 10 years or 100,000 mile which ever comes
first....lol
breather - don't know

Your clutch should go 80-120 depending on how you drive.
No you have saved a lot of car payments by repairing this car.

Opinions on the 2002 L100. Rob Saturn 2 December 27th 04 04:53 AM
Timing belt on 1996 2.8 Wayne Mak Audi 6 September 6th 04 02:38 PM
HELP: Opinions Needed Billy Dodge 0 August 19th 04 09:59 PM
Classic Cars Needed For Oldies Show 8/16 Long Beach! Thomas Haney Antique cars 0 August 12th 03 05:03 PM