Problems in 4 Wheel Drive HELP

Old January 7th 05, 09:46 AM
popeyeball

Default Problems in 4 Wheel Drive HELP

Getting strage vibration after rearending another vehicle (long story)
detnting top of my bumper center left & on right side. The fog log
light were wiped out and two small nicks were chiped on to either side
of the grill. The fan was forced into the cowling but engine was
turned off immediately.
I later reversed and slamed on brakes and this alleviated
vibration...temporarily. I thought I may have damaged motor mounts or
'torqued' the drive train. The sway bar (in front under the bumper) is
damaged on the driver side and needs to be replaced.
(Note: I have not used this vehicle for off roading and rarely used
this vehicle in 4 wheel. It's a "97 TJ w/66K miles. The transmissipm
& transfer case fluid were changed by me (inexperienced) 2 years ago.)
Now, when I go into 4 Wheel it it is noisy, especiall when I start out
in reverse and does not come out of 4 wheel when lever is returned to
normal. Instead it 'POPS' out on it's own later or when I hit a bump.
I know there is alot of possibilities to remedy this problem. Could
you professors give me the easiest and cheapest fixes first? It's
deffinitely winter here in Michigan and I do not have a covered /
heated work area presently (garage is packed, lol).
Thanks, Steve

Old January 9th 05, 04:59 AM
attnews

you say the fan was forced into the cowling, but it may have been that the
cowling was forced into the fan. BIG difference, in terms of what is out of
place. Doubt if drive train is torqued, whatever that is. Not shifting
back into 2wd immediately is not uncommon, especially if there is uneven
tire wear. good luck "
ups.com...