2002 A4 service light

Old August 26th 06, 01:32 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
[email protected]

Default 2002 A4 service light

anyone know how to turn the service light off?

Old August 26th 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Robert[_1_]

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 05:32:23 -0700, wrote:

> anyone know how to turn the service light off?

It can be turned off with the VAG-tool.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!

Old August 26th 06, 06:53 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Lez Pawl

"Robert" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 05:32:23 -0700, wrote:
>
>> anyone know how to turn the service light off?

> It can be turned off with the VAG-tool.
>

> --
>
> Regards
> Robert
>
> Smile... it increases your face value!

> Newsgroups
> =----

it can only be turned off with the VAG tooling if accompanied by the
registered VAG-COM Ross Tech software..........not the free download.

Old August 26th 06, 11:08 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:53:05 +0100, "Lez Pawl" > wrote:

>"Robert" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 05:32:23 -0700, wrote:
>>
>>> anyone know how to turn the service light off?

>> It can be turned off with the VAG-tool.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>> Robert
>>
>> Smile... it increases your face value!

>> Newsgroups
>> =----

>it can only be turned off with the VAG tooling if accompanied by the
>registered VAG-COM Ross Tech software..........not the free download.

The "VAG tool" is the Audi service tool, not VAG-COM...

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old August 27th 06, 02:20 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
[email protected]

B5's don't need the VAG tool either. I cleared the light from my B5 A4
with the same procedure.

Old August 27th 06, 10:17 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Lez Pawl

"daytripper" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:53:05 +0100, "Lez Pawl" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Robert" > wrote in message
>>news

>>> It can be turned off with the VAG-tool.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Robert
>>>
>>> Smile... it increases your face value!

>>> Newsgroups
>>> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
>>> =----

>>it can only be turned off with the VAG tooling if accompanied by the
>>registered VAG-COM Ross Tech software..........not the free download.

> The "VAG tool" is the Audi service tool, not VAG-COM...
>
> /daytripper
> '00 s4 6spd

is the VAG tool available to buy by Joe public....if so do you know how
much.

Old August 28th 06, 05:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Pete[_2_]

"Lez Pawl" wrote
> it can only be turned off with the VAG tooling if accompanied by the
> registered VAG-COM Ross Tech software..........not the free download.

Not sure I understood... it requires both a VAG Tool and a VAG-COM? This
doesn't make sense. Usually one or the other is suffcient, either the VAG
Tool that is the OEM solution, or VAG-COM, which is a 3rd party solution by
Ross-Tech. The latter is available to anyone. The former - not sure, but
it may be limited to business affiliated with VAG only.

Pete

Old August 28th 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:02:24 -0400, "Pete" > wrote:

> "Lez Pawl" wrote
>> it can only be turned off with the VAG tooling if accompanied by the
>> registered VAG-COM Ross Tech software..........not the free download.

>Not sure I understood... it requires both a VAG Tool and a VAG-COM? This
>doesn't make sense. Usually one or the other is suffcient, either the VAG
>Tool that is the OEM solution, or VAG-COM, which is a 3rd party solution by
>Ross-Tech. The latter is available to anyone. The former - not sure, but
>it may be limited to business affiliated with VAG only.
>
>Pete

Simply: you can turn off the indicator with *either* a real VAG Tool, or with
a registered version of the VAG-COM software and a supported dongle.

I don't know if the former can be bought by the man-on-the-street, but in any
case it's likely to cost ten times what the VAG-COM package costs...

/daytripper
00 s4 6spd

Check Engine Light after 40K Service johnin VW water cooled 3 May 20th 06 08:03 PM
service light on a saturn what does it mean not a SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT zazspaz Saturn 5 April 7th 06 01:37 AM
oil service light bobbob1015 BMW 6 May 5th 05 12:44 AM
2002 CRV and MAINT REQUIRED LIGHT Jason Honda 3 April 7th 05 12:29 AM
96 Chev C-1500 4.3L "Service Engine Soon" light problem Dirk Diggler General 0 April 16th 04 04:48 AM