Vehicle Safety Recall Notification

Old December 2nd 04, 01:11 AM
Doug

Default Vehicle Safety Recall Notification

Hi Group,

I've received a vehicle safety recall notice today saying that the bonnet
catch on my 156 could accidental open, and that if I was concerned I could
take it to the nearest Alfa dealer and have it checked. Has anyone had the
same? Having reading the letter I can't believe that anyone could not know
how to shut the bonnet (let it drop from 20cms). What do you think? Am I
being to cynical or is it worth checking out?

Doug

Old December 2nd 04, 01:37 AM
Doug

"Doug" > wrote in message
> Hi Group,
>
> I've received a vehicle safety recall notice today saying that the bonnet
> catch on my 156 could accidental open, and that if I was concerned I could
> take it to the nearest Alfa dealer and have it checked. Has anyone had the
> same? Having reading the letter I can't believe that anyone could not know
> how to shut the bonnet (let it drop from 20cms). What do you think? Am I
> being to cynical or is it worth checking out?
>
> Doug

Sorry didn't read old postings

Old December 2nd 04, 09:10 AM
David A Smith

I got mine yesterday (for my 147). Having read the previous postings here I
phoned my local franchised dealer and had it checked, yesterday. Nil cost,
very little time. Paper work took longer than the check.
I think it is worth having it done and having the stamp in the service
record.
Dave

Old December 5th 04, 09:46 PM

"David A Smith" > wrote in message >...
> I got mine yesterday (for my 147). Having read the previous postings here I
> phoned my local franchised dealer and had it checked, yesterday. Nil cost,
> very little time. Paper work took longer than the check.
> I think it is worth having it done and having the stamp in the service
> record.
> Dave

Hi Dave,
Did they fit any new parts, or did they just greese the catch?
I ask this because after reading other threads mentioning salt, I
suspect the catch is just going dry and not getting it's full travel
when closed softly, thus needing a good drop to close properly.
John, UK.

Old December 8th 04, 11:41 AM
David A Smith

John.
From what I was told by the service receptionist, it was an inspection and a
quick burst with squirty grease. There is an addition to the maintenance
programme too, "Check cleanliness of bonnet and boot locks and lubricate
levers, every 20,000Kms."
Dave

om...

Old December 13th 04, 11:02 PM

Thanks Dave, just as I thought. I was talking to Ian at Lyles of
Newcastle and both he and myself agreed this is what they would do as a
remedy, Thanks again.
John,UK.