Recommend window tint

Old March 17th 05, 06:25 PM
dxmah

Default Recommend window tint

Which auto glass tint manufacturers/products should I consider for my
Accord? I read about Madico Charcool being a good reputable product.
Also any recommended dealers in the greater Los Angeles area?

Old March 17th 05, 08:30 PM

dxmah wrote:
> Which auto glass tint manufacturers/products should I consider for my

> Accord? I read about Madico Charcool being a good reputable product.
> Also any recommended dealers in the greater Los Angeles area?

I've had hi-grade tint fade badly after 5 years. The trick is to find
a dealer that won't dick you around when it is time for a free
replacement. Will they do it during the weekend, like they did when
you paid for it, or do you have to rent a car during the week? Will
they stand behind their work on the removal and reinstall, or ruin the
defrost grid on your back window and refuse to fix it? (Look for a
disclaimer hidden in the original warranty papers they give you.) For
that matter, if you take them a car that looks brand new, can they
return it looking the same way?

Any decent grade tint will last a good while, but the dealer service is
important. Unfortunately, a business can trade hands a couple of times
in 5 years.

Old March 18th 05, 12:48 AM
SoCalMike

dxmah wrote:
> Which auto glass tint manufacturers/products should I consider for my
> Accord? I read about Madico Charcool being a good reputable product.
> Also any recommended dealers in the greater Los Angeles area?

just bout any place thats been around can do it. i see a lot of cars
with "tint shop" license plate frames- theyre in whittier.