Bad Drivers

Old July 15th 05, 09:23 PM
KLS

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:18:35 -0500, "Jay Jones" >
wrote:

>Left lane cruising is epidemic here in Louisiana-- it should be a capital
>offense, IMHO...
>I often dream of the traffic laws here changing to favor the German standard
>where rear-ended collisions in the left lane of the expressway are the
>person in front's fault for not getting out of the damn way!

*THAT* would be a beautiful thing.
Old July 16th 05, 01:41 AM
Jay Jones

I swear I think the driving instructors in Louisiana high schools were
British! Not only do they use the left lane on the freeway, they ALL hug
the curb on the left side of the median when doing a U-turn... dumb, dumb,
dumb!!

Old July 16th 05, 08:47 AM
Mike Smith

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:32:38 -0400, Mike Smith
> > wrote:
>

>>Tell me where.

> Forgot to ask: Do you agree the law says "keep right except to pass"?

In some states, maybe, but certainly not every state. And the law means
nothing if it is not enforced.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 16th 05, 08:54 AM
Mike Smith

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:32:38 -0400, Mike Smith
> > wrote:
>

>>Tell me where.

> Forgot to ask: Do you agree the law says "keep right except to pass"?

Here is the relevant law for NY:

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?cl=128&a=49

While it's clear about not driving on the left side of a road (i.e. in
the wrong lane), and it does indicate that one should pass on the left
where possible (although it also allows for passing on the right), it
does not say "stay right except to pass". There's nothing in the NY law
that says you can't park your ass in the left lane of a divided highway
and do 55 mph till the cows come home.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 16th 05, 02:32 PM
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 03:54:41 -0400, Mike Smith
> wrote:

>There's nothing in the NY law
>that says you can't park your ass in the left lane of a divided highway
>and do 55 mph till the cows come home.

And I suspect you would feel right at home doing just that. No common
sense, lad?

Old July 16th 05, 05:50 PM

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 03:54:41 -0400, Mike Smith
> > wrote:
>
> >There's nothing in the NY law
> >that says you can't park your ass in the left lane of a divided highway
> >and do 55 mph till the cows come home.

> And I suspect you would feel right at home doing just that. No common
> sense, lad?

No, he's just a MFFY driver. (Me first, fsck you.)

Drive right, pass left, leave speed enforcement to the professionals.
It's called "common courtesy", which seems to be quite uncommon.

E.P.

Old July 18th 05, 06:26 PM
Mike Smith

Dave LaCourse wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 03:54:41 -0400, Mike Smith
> > wrote:
>

>>There's nothing in the NY law
>>that says you can't park your ass in the left lane of a divided highway
>>and do 55 mph till the cows come home.

> And I suspect you would feel right at home doing just that. No common
> sense, lad?

Keep your insults to yourself, asshole. I never said *I* drive that
way, or that I think people *should* drive that way, I was simply citing
the relevant law in New York State. Jump to conclusions much?

--
Mike Smith
Old July 19th 05, 11:33 AM
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:26:49 -0400, Mike Smith
> wrote:

>Keep your insults to yourself, asshole.

Tweeeet! Name calling. I win. Thank you for playing.

The Nation's Worst Drivers [email protected] Ford Mustang 22 May 31st 05 01:56 AM
Drives me crazy MidnightDad Driving 35 April 26th 05 03:05 AM
SUV drivers MidnightDad Driving 60 April 1st 05 08:03 PM
Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 02:37 AM
Truck Drivers Needed Trucking Recruiter 4x4 0 April 14th 04 01:33 PM