Judge orders drunk driver to visit fatal crash site annually

Old September 6th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Judge orders drunk driver to visit fatal crash site annually

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/app...0101/609010533

Judge orders drunk driver to visit crash site annually

By Jake Rigdon
Wausau Wisconsin Daily Herald

After he's released from prison, Phillip L. Stoeckmann will face a
decade of reminders of the day and place he killed an Oshkosh woman
while driving drunk.

A Marathon County judge Thursday sentenced Stoeckmann, 26, to 41/2
years in prison and 10 years' extended supervision on a charge of
homicide by drunken driving.

As part of his sentence, Stoeckmann must visit the crash site every
year on the anniversary of the fatal crash during his extended
supervision.

"I guess this gives us a little bit of closure, but we're just glad
this is all over with and that he's going away (to prison)," said
Justin Eaton, 24, who was in the car with his mother, Marsha Scolley,
49, on March 13, 2005, when Stoeckmann's car hit their vehicle head-on

(snip)

----------------------------

4 1/2 years in prison ain't enough and visiting the crash site is just
silly. This is more coddling.

Old September 6th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

On 5 Sep 2006 21:14:13 -0700, wrote:

>Sounds reasonable to me. I live in BC and ppl who kill when drunk
>sometimes get less than a year.

That may be common but only a serial criminal-coddler would call it
reasonable.
Old September 6th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Bill Funk

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 04:04:45 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>4 1/2 years in prison ain't enough and visiting the crash site is just
>silly. This is more coddling.

How long are you going to be spending at your facility? I mean, is it
for a set time, or until you are judged ready to rejoin society?
From your postings here, and your obvious desire to punish everyone
who doesn't do things your way, I will assume it will be until your
destructive tendancies are under control.
It's Wednesday: are you allowed to watch Fear Factor? PBS has
"Adventure Lodges of North America"! Maybe that wou;d be better for
you. Are you allowed to change the channel, or is the TV in one of
those wire cages?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old September 7th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Bill Funk said in
rec.autos.driving:
> How long are you going to be spending at your facility? I mean, is it
> for a set time, or until you are judged ready to rejoin society?

If the latter, then SADDAM will never get out of the nut house. If the
former, then SADDAM will be the beneficiary of criminal coddlers (now
wouldn't *that* be ironic?).

--
I diots
N umbskulls &