GM styling

Old June 9th 05, 05:16 AM
Ashton Crusher

Default GM styling

How can one company so consistently produce the most god-awful styling
across so many brands and in both their car and truck lines?
Old June 9th 05, 05:34 AM
« Paul »

Ashton Crusher wrote:

> How can one company so consistently produce the most god-awful styling
> across so many brands and in both their car and truck lines?

Good question. We have been wondering that since 1983.
Old June 9th 05, 05:38 AM

They have lost there passion, their sense of form and function. Gone
are the days of rolling sculpture. GM isn't alone though, look at
what Ford has done to Jaguar. I say give Jag back to the Brits.

Rick
P.S. Once I would like to see a car that has the front-end like a
Triumph Spitfire. Unhook two latches and you have access to the whole
engine.

Old June 9th 05, 05:44 AM
B. Peg

Same could be said for Volvo, the rolling and always square breadbox.

Actually, I like Ford's styling. It's just that their powertrains (esp.
their V6 engine) are crap and none ever held up well for me. Never cared
for their warranty skates either.

And BMW changed their grill design since when?

B~

Old June 10th 05, 04:32 AM
Hugo Schmeisser

« Paul » wrote:

> Ashton Crusher wrote:
> >
> > How can one company so consistently produce the most god-awful
> > styling across so many brands and in both their car and truck lines?

> Good question. We have been wondering that since 1983.

I have been wondering that since the early '70s. Where's the next '67
Chevelle? The next '65 Corvair?
Old June 10th 05, 04:54 AM
Hugo Schmeisser

B. Peg wrote:

> Same could be said for Volvo, the rolling and always square breadbox.

Not all Volvos were breadboxes. Go back to before the '70s.
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/history/history_40s.shtml

> Actually, I like Ford's styling. It's just that their powertrains
> (esp. their V6 engine) are crap and none ever held up well for me.
> Never cared for their warranty skates either.
>
> And BMW changed their grill design since when?

Well, several times since 1949.
http://rosweb.ru/lomakovka/BMW-321-9.05.01.JPG
http://1949car1985.piranho.de/bmw1.htm
http://www.bmw.com/

I guess they're all technically the same, but then I'm technically the
same as I was 40 years ago.

Old June 10th 05, 10:40 PM

Hugo
Had a 67' SS Chevell 396/375HP......Hold on to your shorts we're
going for a ride also had a 68' Corsa Bronze in color with Tan
interior...of all the car shows I'v gone to, never seen one like it
.....Turbo/four barrel Rodcester carb. I remember putting it on a Dyno
in 69' 210HP at the wheels. I couldn't keep a damm fan belt on the
thing and lastly 67' Vette 327/350HP F.I. roadster w/ side pipes...Now
that sucker would give you a nose bleed if you stood on the gas.

Rick

Old June 10th 05, 10:46 PM

A sweet XKE of the 60's ,I lust after one.....The sound of the engine,
oh man....Tilt the frontend on that baby and I could look at that
beautiful 6cyl. all day.

Rick