1994 Leather Sport Seat replacement

Old August 22nd 04, 04:09 PM
Charles L. Cotton

Default 1994 Leather Sport Seat replacement

I have a '94 Cpe with sport seats I drive to the office every day. It has
143,000 miles on it and the red leather sports driver's seat is starting to
look a little faded. The leather is structurally sound, just faded. There
is a zipper on the back of the seat back, so it may be easy to remove. I
don't know about the seat bottom. I considered trying to find someone to
dye the leather, but that sounds like trouble.

Does anyone have suggestions for a source for new leather? Mid America
carries replacement leather for several year models ($700), but not '94.
Ecklers does list '94 replacement leather for the sport seats($1,300), but
no photo in the catalog. (I'd really like to verify it's the correct one.)

Also, is there something special about carpet for a '94? Several suppliers
show pre-molded carpet sets for various year models, but the '94 is often
not shown in the catalog. Ecklers does show the TruVette carpet set for the
1994 -1996 ($495), but it doesn't indicate if it's the Torch Red for the
1994. (The red for '94 - '96 may have been the same color, but I'm not
sure.)

Thanks,
Chas.

Old August 22nd 04, 05:34 PM
Marty

"Charles L. Cotton" > wrote in message
> I have a '94 Cpe with sport seats I drive to the office every day. It has
> 143,000 miles on it and the red leather sports driver's seat is starting

> look a little faded. The leather is structurally sound, just faded.

There
> is a zipper on the back of the seat back, so it may be easy to remove. I
> don't know about the seat bottom. I considered trying to find someone to
> dye the leather, but that sounds like trouble.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for a source for new leather? Mid America
> carries replacement leather for several year models ($700), but not '94.
> Ecklers does list '94 replacement leather for the sport seats($1,300),

but
> no photo in the catalog. (I'd really like to verify it's the correct

one.)

> Thanks,
> Chas.

Charles,

I found that both Ecklers and Mid America (online) only offer the sport as
"covers on foam" and both are priced at $1,300.00 a pair. IMHO covers on
foam are definitely the way to go unless you are really good at
upholstering.
Maybe someone here can verify color as catalog pictures and online photos
tend to be poor representations of color.
Covers on foam are as good as getting new seats. Consider the labor involved
and most likely,an ill fit,putting covers on the old & flattened foam.
$1,300.00 plus an install kit might turn out to be a good deal considering
the results.

Marty

Old August 23rd 04, 04:00 AM
John H

> Does anyone have suggestions for a source for new leather? Mid America
> carries replacement leather for several year models ($700), but not '94.
> Ecklers does list '94 replacement leather for the sport seats($1,300),

but
> no photo in the catalog. (I'd really like to verify it's the correct

one.)

> Also, is there something special about carpet for a '94? Several

suppliers
> show pre-molded carpet sets for various year models, but the '94 is often
> not shown in the catalog. Ecklers does show the TruVette carpet set for

the
> 1994 -1996 ($495), but it doesn't indicate if it's the Torch Red for the
> 1994. (The red for '94 - '96 may have been the same color, but I'm not
> sure.)
>
> Thanks,
> Chas.

You might check with a local car upholstery shop. I had a shop in San Jose,
CA
repair two tears and re-dye some faded portions on my '93. Looked like new
for under $300
John

Old August 23rd 04, 05:12 AM
X-Eliminator

If it's like a 1990, there are 2 clips on each side of the uppers, and
a single release for the seat bottom (the relaease is dead center on
the bottom edge of the seart bottom). If your driver seat is no too
bad, you could swap the seat bottom from the left to right side.

I just got new factory leather on foam (bottoms & backs) for my 1990
for $650.00 !!! I met this guy at Bloomington Gold in June. Call him
for a price quote:

Dennis Hand
4225 Bankhead Hwy.
Douglasville, GA 30134
770-949-8833

I paid him with a credit card and had the new leather on foam via UPS
within 3 weeks (I sent him back my old foam & leathers). Nice guy to
deal with. Tell him the guy with the steel blue seats gave you his
number.

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:09:55 GMT, "Charles L. Cotton"

Old August 23rd 04, 09:41 AM
Marty

"X-Eliminator" > wrote in message
> If it's like a 1990, there are 2 clips on each side of the uppers, and
> a single release for the seat bottom (the relaease is dead center on
> the bottom edge of the seart bottom). If your driver seat is no too
> bad, you could swap the seat bottom from the left to right side.
>
> I just got new factory leather on foam (bottoms & backs) for my 1990
> for $650.00 !!! I met this guy at Bloomington Gold in June. Call him
> for a price quote:
>
> Dennis Hand
> 4225 Bankhead Hwy.
> Douglasville, GA 30134
> 770-949-8833

X,
Was this price for two sport seats?
If so, that is one heck of a deal!

Marty

Old August 23rd 04, 02:58 PM
X-Eliminator

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 03:41:32 -0500, "Marty" >
wrote:

>"X-Eliminator" > wrote in message
.. .
>> If it's like a 1990, there are 2 clips on each side of the uppers, and
>> a single release for the seat bottom (the relaease is dead center on
>> the bottom edge of the seart bottom). If your driver seat is no too
>> bad, you could swap the seat bottom from the left to right side.
>>
>> I just got new factory leather on foam (bottoms & backs) for my 1990
>> for $650.00 !!! I met this guy at Bloomington Gold in June. Call him
>> for a price quote:
>>
>> Dennis Hand
>> 4225 Bankhead Hwy.
>> Douglasville, GA 30134
>> 770-949-8833
>>

>X,
>Was this price for two sport seats?
>If so, that is one heck of a deal!
>
>Marty

Yep the price was for 2 sport seats. What I didn't mention was that 3
of the foams were used, and one of the bottom foams was new. The deal
was that I would send him back my old foam & leather which cost me
$21.00 via DHL ground. It was a terrific price since I was having a
hard time finding anyone to sell be the seats for $650. per side, and
this guy sold me BOTH sides fof $650. That was the price offer that he
gave me at Bloomington Gold. His company name is called Corvette
Originals. He showed me the new factory leathers inside the vented
sealed bags matched to my car's color code (steel blue for a c4)
before I paid for them. If anyone needs seats, I would recommend
giving him a call for a price quote.

Old August 24th 04, 03:07 AM
Charles L. Cotton

Marty & X-Eliminator:
Thanks guys.

Chas.

"X-Eliminator" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 03:41:32 -0500, "Marty" >
> wrote:

. ..

Old August 24th 04, 03:07 AM
Charles L. Cotton