Cars are getting safer; drivers may be backsliding?

Old August 10th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ad absurdum per aspera

Default Cars are getting safer; drivers may be backsliding?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/10/au...10traffic.html

Old August 11th 06, 12:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Alexander Rogge > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/10/au...10traffic.html

> >> Cars are becoming safer, but the people who drive them are not, a study by an insurance industry research group has found.

> >Junk from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety should be ignored.

> I disagree. The statement above concurs with my own observations.

Possibly true, but the IIHS stating something semi-intelligent falls
under the category of "even a blind squirrel..."

nate

Old August 12th 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
barking pumpkin

Alexander Rogge wrote:
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/10/au...10traffic.html

>> Cars are becoming safer, but the people who drive them are not, a
>> study by an insurance industry research group has found.

> Junk from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety should be ignored.
>
>> The insurance group favors renewed pressure on drivers to buckle up,
>> drive sober and stop speeding.

> Drunk driving is a problem not related to bad driving skills.

It most certainly is. All the people I've known arrested for DUI were
bad drivers when they were sober.

And no, I've never been arrested for DUI.