Gabriels Vs. OEM

Old October 6th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

Default OP IS A TROLL

Pop`ö > wrote in article
<3KhVg.47$Xf.7@trndny07>...
> * wrote:
> > It turns out that the OP of this thread is, apparently, a troll.......
> >
> > He is currently asking about "performance suspension" kits for the
> > same car.
> >
> > These lowering kits measurably increase spring stiffness, so he has
> > gone from complaining about the added stiffness of "performance"
> > shocks to inquiring about which way to go to achieve a stiffer
> > suspension overall.
> >
> > Go figure!

> Uhh, don't look now, but ... since you started a new thread here, and

don't
> even reference another post, YOU are the OP. Go figure.

If you would upgrade from the Atari setup, your software would show that my
post is the continuation of a thread.

I simply changed the subject line.......

......but, it shows up as the continuation of the "Gabriels Vs OEM" thread
on my computer.

Old October 6th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

* wrote:

> Pop`ö > wrote in article
> <3KhVg.47$Xf.7@trndny07>...
> > * wrote:
> > > It turns out that the OP of this thread is, apparently, a troll.......
> > >
> > > He is currently asking about "performance suspension" kits for the
> > > same car.
> > >
> > > These lowering kits measurably increase spring stiffness, so he has
> > > gone from complaining about the added stiffness of "performance"
> > > shocks to inquiring about which way to go to achieve a stiffer
> > > suspension overall.
> > >
> > > Go figure!

> > Uhh, don't look now, but ... since you started a new thread here, and

> don't
> > even reference another post, YOU are the OP. Go figure.
> >

> If you would upgrade from the Atari setup, your software would show that my
> post is the continuation of a thread.
>
> I simply changed the subject line.......
>
> .....but, it shows up as the continuation of the "Gabriels Vs OEM" thread
> on my computer.

So in order for the rest of the world to think you are not a troll with
this troll post, they must have your setup eh.

LOL!

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Old October 6th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

Mike Romain > wrote in article

> So in order for the rest of the world to think you are not a troll with
> this troll post, they must have your setup eh.
>
> LOL!

No!

But this is the first time I have ever seen someone complain that a thread
that has morphed diametricaly opposite its original subject matter is now
presenting itself as a new thread......

Old October 6th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Lhead

* wrote:
> Mike Romain > wrote in article
> >
> > So in order for the rest of the world to think you are not a troll with
> > this troll post, they must have your setup eh.
> >
> > LOL!
> >

> No!
>
> But this is the first time I have ever seen someone complain that a thread
> that has morphed diametricaly opposite its original subject matter is now
> presenting itself as a new thread......

He builds race chassis for a living...he used to have a NAPA store...he
knows everything about everything..until he's proven wrong that is.
He's the type of person that everyone tolerates until the party is
over, but then wonders why he didn't get an invitation to the next one.
Legend in his own mind. People like this wouldn't have a useful purpose
in life if the Usenet ceased to exist.
One thing though, he loves to argue. Early coronary potential, I think.
Just my $0.02. Like this joker, I've been wrong many times in my life.
Unlike him, I admit it when I am.

Old October 8th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

Lhead > wrote in article
. com>...

> He builds race chassis for a living...he used to have a NAPA store...he
> knows everything about everything...

One slight correction - I used to MANAGE a NAPA store - never owned it,
never said I did. You might want to bone up a bit on your reading
comprehension....

Also, you missed mentioning ten years of teaching Vocational Automotive
Technology, and a dozen years of working on everything from Fordson
tractors to Rolls Royces.....including the mechanical restoration of the
1922 Packard roadster that was featured as Daisy Buchanan's (Mia Farrow)
car in the movie "The Great Gatsby."

Some of us have actually gone out and done things with our lives.

Others - you, perhaps - have pretty much punched a clock in a mundane,
dead-end job all their lives......just agonizing for the day when it will
all end.

The "others" often exhibit their jealousy of those who have pretty much
done whatever appealed to them at the moment, and their regrets in the
decisions they made which led to their desperate lives by knocking people
who have done a number of things in their lives.

Your user name suggests to me that you are lost in the '50s.......

While I DO have a friend who keeps busy in retirement rebuilding flathead
Fords, flatheads are so "yesterday"......All that is left to work with now
is the stuff we rejected when racing flatheads in the '60s.

> People like this wouldn't have a useful purpose in life if the Usenet

ceased to
> exist.

I hope you were looking in a mirror when you came up with THAT "profound"
statement.

> Early coronary potential, I think.

Cholesterol never over 150.

Doctor says my habit of saying what is on my mind puts me at a MUCH LOWER
risk for coronary problems than those who WANT to say something, but simply
do not have the chutzpah to do so, and keep it bottled up.

> Like this joker, I've been wrong many times in my life.

Could this be yet another time??

ROFLMAO

> Unlike him, I admit it when I am.

It is obvious that you only read the posts where someone challenges
something I've said - probably cheering out loud - but NEVER read my
replies where I readily admit when I have erred...

Old October 9th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Lhead

* wrote:
> Lhead > wrote in article
> . com>...
> >

> > He builds race chassis for a living...he used to have a NAPA store...he
> > knows everything about everything...

> One slight correction - I used to MANAGE a NAPA store - never owned it,
> never said I did. You might want to bone up a bit on your reading
> comprehension....
>
> Also, you missed mentioning ten years of teaching Vocational Automotive
> Technology, and a dozen years of working on everything from Fordson
> tractors to Rolls Royces.....including the mechanical restoration of the
> 1922 Packard roadster that was featured as Daisy Buchanan's (Mia Farrow)
> car in the movie "The Great Gatsby."
>
> Some of us have actually gone out and done things with our lives.
>
> Others - you, perhaps - have pretty much punched a clock in a mundane,
> dead-end job all their lives......just agonizing for the day when it will
> all end.

>You know absolutely nothing about my life situation. You know what? This junior high insult game is tedious.

This much I do know: 1.You love to argue 2.You love to run people down
3.You're not nearly as intelligent as you think you are 4.People on
this group are now seeing you for what you are. You're becoming
irrelevent.

> The "others" often exhibit their jealousy of those who have pretty much
> done whatever appealed to them at the moment, and their regrets in the
> decisions they made which led to their desperate lives by knocking people
> who have done a number of things in their lives.
>
> Your user name suggests to me that you are lost in the '50s.......

Your user name suggests to me that you can't even spell a word. So much
for suggestions.

Old October 9th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

----------
> From: Lhead >
> Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
> Subject: OP IS A TROLL
> Date: Monday, October 09, 2006 12:22 PM
>

> >You know absolutely nothing about my life situation. You know what? This

junior high insult game is tedious.

Then, why did you start it all? YOU flamed ME first!

> This much I do know:

> 1.You love to argue

Your very first "contribution" to this thread - going back to the original
"Gabriel Vs. OEM" subject line - was not about shock absorbers, but to
flame me.

Who is it that likes to argue?

I don't like to argue, but I don't back down from flaming assholes,
either....

> 2.You love to run people down

See above two answers......i.e. YOU started it all by flaming ME

May I remind you of your very first "contribution" to this thread....

He builds race chassis for a living...he used to have a NAPA store...he
knows everything about everything..until he's proven wrong that is.
He's the type of person that everyone tolerates until the party is
over, but then wonders why he didn't get an invitation to the next one.
Legend in his own mind. People like this wouldn't have a useful purpose
in life if the Usenet ceased to exist.
One thing though, he loves to argue. Early coronary potential, I think.
Just my $0.02. Like this joker, I've been wrong many times in my life.
Unlike him, I admit it when I am.

I don't see ANY opinions there on the Gabriel Vs. OEM issue that started
this thread.

THAT is called "TROLLING"!

> 3.You're not nearly as intelligent as you think you are

Maybe not, but I DO know what I do know, and I am intelligent enough to
recognize a troll such as you when I see one.

> 4.People on
> this group are now seeing you for what you are.

I missed the election when you were elevated to "Group Spokesman"......

Did you campaign as a Tory or a Whig?

......or was it some sort of military coup?

> You're becoming
> irrelevent.

Given ALL the information YOU have presented on the subject of Gabriel Vs.
OEM shock absorbers on this thread, relevancy might be something for YOU to
contemplate.

The discussion wasn't about friction or Houdaille shocks, so what, exactly,
did YOU contribute to this thread?...... other than flaming me, of course.