Gladiator

Old February 11th 05, 08:15 PM
Help-Slip-Franklin

Default Gladiator

Has anyone seen the new Gladiator or know much about it? I read a review of
it that was most generous. I have several questions if anyone has the info:
1. Will it be available in gas? 2. Will it be available with anything other
than the canvas top? 3. Will it have other options for the doors, or is hard
doors only? 4. What kind of mileage are they claiming? 5. What will the MSRP
be? 6. Is it as good as they say it is? and 7. When will it be available?
Thanks

Old February 11th 05, 09:01 PM
Jeff Strickland

Isn't the Gladiator a Commanche-style truck that is based on the TJ instead
of the Cherokee? If so, then it should be available with the 4.0L 6, and the
2.5L 4. It should have the running gear of the TJ, probably the Unlimited.

I thought I saw a pic of it with a top like a pick up truck.

Old February 11th 05, 09:44 PM
JimG

Google is an amazing thing...
http://www.jeep.com/autoshow/news/gladiator.html

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift

Old February 11th 05, 09:50 PM
Tom T

Good questions . . . I want a Gladiator soon as they hit the
dealer's lot.
But, I think it's going to be a long wait . . . So, I'll keep shopping
around
for new sneakers for the TJ.
Tom T

Old February 11th 05, 09:55 PM
RocknCJ

There is an article about it in the new JP magazine. I haven't read it yet.

Old February 11th 05, 10:00 PM
Steve

No, it's not based on the current TJ platform. This Scrambler concept was:

ttp://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?n=158,178&sid=178&article=5772

That one never made it.

The Gladiator is quite different and looks like it will make production.
The Gladiator concept is a sneak preview of the 2007 Wrangler redesign
(looking good for a solid front axle).

http://www.jeep.com/autoshow/gladiator/gallery.html

You can bet on the 2.8L I-4 Turbo Diesel being at least an option, if
not standard, in both Wrangler and Gladiator. They're probably done with
the 4.0L I-6 (boo-hiss), so gas options will likely be the 3.7L V-6
PowerTech and 2.4L I-4 as in the Liberty.

The concept has a large canvas sunroof. I imagine that could be optional
on a production version.

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org