Possibly daft question.....

Old June 19th 05, 05:06 PM
Paul Aspinall

Default Possibly daft question.....

Hi
I am considering whether to buy an E39 540 or 530??

I have owned 740's before, and love the roar from the big V8, and the great
performance. However, I may need to travel a little more, and therefore may
need the economy of the 530.....

Has anyone ever had done, or any experience of having a 540 / 740 fitted
with LPG?
I would be pleased to hear if anyone in the UK has had this done, and what
sort of issues they have run into.

Cheers

Paul

Old June 19th 05, 05:21 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Paul Aspinall" > wrote
> I am considering whether to buy an E39 540 or 530??
>
> I have owned 740's before, and love the roar from the big V8, and the
> great performance. However, I may need to travel a little more, and
> therefore may need the economy of the 530.....
>
> Has anyone ever had done, or any experience of having a 540 / 740 fitted
> with LPG?
> I would be pleased to hear if anyone in the UK has had this done, and what
> sort of issues they have run into.

You might google this newsgroup; seems like I've seen some postings
on LPG over the last year...

You might also consider a 530d - although I (living in the US) haven't
driven one, the UK boys think it's as good as the gas/petrol engine,
with the torque of the V8.

Floyd

Old June 19th 05, 05:31 PM
Blake Dodson

http://www.autronic.it/a_default.asp?lan=eng

Old June 19th 05, 10:42 PM
SteveG

You might take a look at www.lpgforum.co.uk

I had my 3.9 V8 Discovery converted and was really impressed with the
end result so I'm thinking about it for my recently acquired 730. The
only thing holding me back is that I don't do enough mileage these days
to justify the initial outlay.

--
Regards

Steve G