Coolant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 17th 04, 01:51 AM
Jesper Giovanni

"KWS" > wrote in message
news:wYi2d.55434$MQ5.18437@attbi_s52...
> In the states, you can get the stuff from your friendly Audi or Volkswagen
> parts counter. I went to the usual suspects (Kragen, Pep Boys, etc. as
> well
> as "real" NAPA places) and, when I asked, they looked at me as if I had
> grown another head.
>
> For what it's worth: I had a coolant leak at the oil cooler that is part
> of
> the filter assembly on my '00 A4 1.8T. I changed out both hoses and used a
> Dremel tool with a tiny wire brush to grind away the pink crud that
> accumulated on the cooler fittings before attaching the new hoses.

The "extra-head"-look was also what i got when i asked around for the pink
wonder-stuff. The only place i could get it, where at my authorized
VAG-pusher.

About the hoses...i´m still in the process of seeing if i can find any leaks
somewhere. After all - the stuff cant just disappear! ;o)

I´ll keep you posted, if i stumble over anything apart from the ordinary.

--
Gio

Coolant Leak: Alfa 87 Graduate KStone Alfa Romeo 1 August 23rd 04 06:46 AM
Coolant Loss handi_andis Audi 0 June 21st 04 10:55 AM
Pink Crud KWS Audi 6 June 16th 04 03:45 PM
Coolant level going down very slowly Jorge Fonyat Audi 8 June 11th 04 01:15 AM
Coolant leak help... Quattro Audi 3 June 7th 04 10:24 PM