300C vs Monaro vs Jag S

Old October 26th 04, 10:45 PM
James C. Reeves

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" > wrote in message
et...
| "Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
| > Correct, the Holden/Vauxhall is the Pontiac GTO, though I don't know how
| > many changes are made in the tramsition, other than the location of the
| > steering wheel. Probably only few.
| >
| > All General Motors, innit?
| >
| > DAS
|
| The styling of the GTO doesn't strike anything in me. Haven't seen very
| many on the road but perhaps the styling will grow on me. As for the 300C I
| wonder what it was about the ride that the reviewers didn't like. I like
| the ride of mine and with 9,000 miles on the odometer there are no squeeks
| or anthing of the sort in the interior. This is one solid well-built car.

The Pontiac GTO, the last I checked, is selling worse than their Pontiac Aztec
model.

Old October 27th 04, 01:40 AM
RPhillips47

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" wrote:

> As for the 300C I
>wonder what it was about the ride that the reviewers didn't like. I like
>the ride of mine and with 9,000 miles on the odometer there are no squeeks
>or anthing of the sort in the interior. This is one solid well-built car.

Perhaps the fact that the reviewers are British, reviewing two vehicles built
for British roads, and the 300C is built for American roads, which I would
assume (having never been to Britain) are quite different????? As for the GTO -
it isn't, it can't, and it never will be a GTO (there is more to a GTO than
just pasting three letters on a car).
RP
Old October 27th 04, 01:40 AM
RPhillips47

Old October 27th 04, 02:48 AM
Nate Nagel

James C. Reeves wrote:

> "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" > wrote in message
> et...
> | "Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
> | > Correct, the Holden/Vauxhall is the Pontiac GTO, though I don't know how
> | > many changes are made in the tramsition, other than the location of the
> | > steering wheel. Probably only few.
> | >
> | > All General Motors, innit?
> | >
> | > DAS
> |
> | The styling of the GTO doesn't strike anything in me. Haven't seen very
> | many on the road but perhaps the styling will grow on me. As for the 300C I
> | wonder what it was about the ride that the reviewers didn't like. I like
> | the ride of mine and with 9,000 miles on the odometer there are no squeeks
> | or anthing of the sort in the interior. This is one solid well-built car.
> |

> The Pontiac GTO, the last I checked, is selling worse than their Pontiac Aztec
> model.

Which is a crying shame, because it's the closest thing to a Real
Car(tm) that Generic Motors has offered in the US for quite a while,
with the possible exception of the C6.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old October 27th 04, 02:48 AM
Nate Nagel

Old October 27th 04, 05:15 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Nate Nagel wrote:

> > The Pontiac GTO, the last I checked, is selling worse than their Pontiac Aztec
> > model.

> Which is a crying shame, because it's the closest thing to a Real
> Car(tm) that Generic Motors has offered in the US for quite a while,
> with the possible exception of the C6.

General Motors - Drifting Lackadaisically In The Vague Direction Of
Improvement, We Gradually Catch On. Our Products Could Be Better, But Hey,
They're Better Than Before.

The only problem with this highly representative corporate slogan is that
it's REAL damn tough to fit on a seatbelt pushbutton unless you use a
*super* tiny font. So they stick with "GM - Mark of Excrement" or
something similar.
Old October 27th 04, 05:15 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old October 27th 04, 11:21 AM
Dori A Schmetterling

Wallows, rides like a "boat". Also inability to turn off electric aids for
testing performance limits (which, I think, won't bother most 'ordinary'
drivers).

I was looking for a writeup on the website
http://www.topgear.com/content/misc/TV/
but I expect it's too recent. Maybe they don't give detailed TV programme
notes, concentrating on the printed magazine.

Clicking on a 300C review failed to bring up a useful page.

But there are some nice pics:
http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_s...F6/XX/gallery/

DAS
---

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" > wrote in message
et...

[...]

Old October 27th 04, 11:21 AM
Dori A Schmetterling

Old October 27th 04, 11:39 AM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
> Wallows, rides like a "boat". Also inability to turn off electric aids

for
> testing performance limits (which, I think, won't bother most 'ordinary'
> drivers).
>
> I was looking for a writeup on the website
> http://www.topgear.com/content/misc/TV/
> but I expect it's too recent. Maybe they don't give detailed TV programme
> notes, concentrating on the printed magazine.
>
> Clicking on a 300C review failed to bring up a useful page.
>
> But there are some nice pics:
> http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_s...F6/XX/gallery/
>

> DAS

It sure doesn't "ride like a boat".