Spare tire stuck.

Old March 10th 05, 12:30 PM
Michael Pardee

"MAT" > wrote in message

>> I always keep a few basic tools, like channel-lock plyers, few
>> screwdrivers, and a DMM in each of my vehicles. Never know when you'll
>> need them. these few tools will pack nice and easily in a bag, and can
>> go wither inside the spare, or under one of the seats. "Be Prepaired"

> Once I read in the group that x-mm socket/wrench is the most common in
> Hondas. Does someone remember that value? (As in 9mm, 12mm.)

There are a few sizes, depending on the beefiness of the hardware. 10 mm is
very popular for light stuff, while 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 19 mm are
progressively heavier. 11, 16 and 18 mm are really rare. The 17 mm and
especially the 19 mm are for serious stuff, so the 10-15 except 11 will fit
95% of the roadside needs. Honda is also enamored of 10 mm 12 point
hardware, but mainly deeper inside things (like holding steering knuckles
onto hubs... grr!).

Mike

Old March 10th 05, 12:45 PM
Michael Pardee

"Nick Huckaby" > wrote in message
news:1110432646.36064174eaec79d893c5b86bc88584ca@b ubbanews...
> I notice the word Samaritan is capitalized. This must've been an actual
> person. :-)

Well, in the original parable it was an individual from Samaria (or maybe
somebody who sold Samarium... I was never sure). Apparently Samaritans had
an unsavory reputation and the parable had largely an anti-prejudice theme.
Obviously, Bible scholarship is not a strong point for me!

Mike

Old March 10th 05, 01:42 PM
K`Tetch

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:42:33 -0800, "Nick Huckaby"
> wrote:

>"K`Tetch" > wrote
>
>> I always keep a few basic tools, like channel-lock plyers, few
>> screwdrivers, and a DMM in each of my vehicles. Never know when you'll
>> need them. these few tools will pack nice and easily in a bag, and can
>> go wither inside the spare, or under one of the seats. "Be Prepaired"

>I wanted my wife to carry these basic tools but she insist that a cell
>phone works just as well. Doesn't make sense when there are
>regions where cell phone receptions don't work

Yep, and thats the case around here. even on the US highways, its
patchy at best. i even had problems in the UK, on the motoreways, with
a cellphone going flat (and when the alternator goes, doesn't matter
if you have a car charger either) - was stuck in the country overnight
, got to -6C that night too.