Insurance

Old December 12th 03, 05:28 AM
RON

Default Insurance

Looking for an insurance company or agent who writes policies for
antique cars.
Thanks

Old December 12th 03, 05:56 AM
The Guy

www.hagerty.com

Old December 14th 03, 06:36 AM
huffreport

You may want to look into Grundy... call this #: 800-338-4005 They have
very reasonable rates, using an agreed value... You tell them what you want
the car insured for, and that's the value they'll insure it for... They are
VERY reputable, and big... .Lots of old car guys use them.... I give them 2
thumbs up..

Good Luck,

Kevin

www.huffreport.com
A Celebration of American Cars, Music, and Retro Culture

Old December 14th 03, 05:03 PM
Steve

Try State Farm. They have a very reasonable and competative rate
for classic cars. Been with them for years with no suprises.

Steve

Old December 14th 03, 07:57 PM
Terry

Steve did you ever have a claim with them for a totaled car ? I have heard
stories about how they payoff and it hasn't been good. About their house
insurance also, personally I'd steer clear of them.

Old December 15th 03, 03:04 AM
The Guy

State Farm are a bunch of convicted price gougers. Do a Google search
and put in "price gouge" and "State Farm". The results will be
enlightening about their nationwide business practices, and how often
they have been caught price gouging for both auto and home insurance.

They gladly took my premiums for a decade. When I had a no fault claim
that totaled a car, it was necessary to get a lawyer involved before
they paid off on what the claim was legitimately worth. They dragged
the process out for 3 months.

With all the competition out there, there is just no reason to set your
self up for a hassle with an insurer that has a track record of price
gouging (NJ assessed a multi-million dollar fine for price gouging here)
and a claim adjustment process which requires a lawyer to get a claim
fairly paid.

Check out Hagerty or other reputable insurers of classic and vintage
vehicles. Ask for feedback from people who have claims experience with
the insurers. They are all good when it comes to collecting premiums:
What really counts is how they respond to a claim.

Tim

p.s. - I have 4 vintage vehicles on my Hagerty policy. Their rates and
terms of use are very good. No claim experience to share.

Old December 15th 03, 04:08 AM
RON

No State Farm in the peoples republic of Massachusetts. Thanks anyway

Old December 15th 03, 06:18 PM

i'll third the stay away from state farm
was with them for years and then had to look for
ins on another matter
and mentioned the old car and
they said they could write on that
and about 60% of what st frm
was charging

try metlife agents condon/skelly
800 257 9496

had to take about 8 pictures to prove it
hadn't been rodded up

they also sent a cute snoopy driving a hot rod
with a "look, but please.... DON'T TOUCH
plastic card to stick in the window

bill

Old December 16th 03, 02:15 AM
Steve

Terry,
No, I never have had a claim. I've been with them for 20+ years so far.
After hearing some of the comments here maybe I should do a bit more
research.

Thanks for the comments!

Steve

Old December 17th 03, 07:30 PM
spuds

"Jon Eischeid" > wrote in message
> Hi spuds...
>
> I'm a happy state farm customer as well; to each his own...
>
> Anyway, does state farm classify the 64 crhysler as antique/classic...?
>
> Regards,
> Jon
>
> snip<

Neither Jon. The car has been modified heavily from it's stock
configuration. My agent tells me the car is "modified" and it's insured for
the value I've placed on the car. State Farm's only stipulation was that I
get a professional evaluation of the car, and I had to take 4 pictures,
front, back and both sides.