Idle Bump for AC Not Working (94 Stealth)

Old June 25th 04, 01:39 AM
Rick Brandt

Default Idle Bump for AC Not Working (94 Stealth)

94 Stealth SOHC.

Whatever the mechanism is for adjusting idle when the AC compressor is engaged
is not working. When engaged, the idle is dangerously low and will occasionally
cause the car to die altogether when letting off the accelerator.

There is no obvious mechanism I can see for this so I assume that the computer
controls it. Any ideas what I can look for? Just had the dealer look at it and
500 bucks later there is no change.

I can find two different screws that adjust the overall idle, but to get a
decent idle speed with those having the AC on I just end up with too high of an
idle when the AC is off.

TIA

Old June 25th 04, 02:28 AM
Nobody U. Know

It's probably the Idle Speed Controller (ISC). It could be the FIAV, but not
likely. The ISC isn't cheap. I would recommend Concelli Mitsu, online,
before getting a new one local. I would suggest some other fixes first but,
since you have no interest in cars (afterall, you own an NT), I just buy a
replacement.

--
Todd Honea

Old June 25th 04, 02:28 AM