Preferences, opinions, experiences...

Old February 16th 05, 11:49 PM
Shades

Default Preferences, opinions, experiences...

What is everyone's preferences, opinions, and experiences with the '95
Dodge Caravan 3.0, 3.3, and 3.8? What would you pick if nothing else
mattered but the engine?

Old February 17th 05, 12:37 AM
Dan C

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:49:27 -0600, Shades wrote:

> What is everyone's preferences, opinions, and experiences with the '95
> Dodge Caravan 3.0, 3.3, and 3.8? What would you pick if nothing else
> mattered but the engine?

The 3.3

Linux Registered User #327951

Old February 17th 05, 12:40 AM
Wesley

I've got a 3.0 in my 92...I don't think I'd change anything. Except the
power of the 3.8 would be tempting. :-) The other big thing I like with
mine is the 3.0 is paired up with the 3-speed rather than the 4-speed
overdrive tranny. From what I gather, that's a better transmission. I
bought mine at 84k, and now have 177k on it and have never had the tranny
worked on. Had to put a head gasket on the engine at around 162k, but I'm
guessing that's probably just par for the course no matter what engine...

Wesley

Old February 17th 05, 03:26 PM
Shades

Can you expand on your answer a bit, please?

news

Old February 17th 05, 04:01 PM
Dan C

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:26:55 -0600, Shades wrote:

<stupid top-posting corrected>

>>> What is everyone's preferences, opinions, and experiences with the
>>> '95 Dodge Caravan 3.0, 3.3, and 3.8? What would you pick if nothing else
>>> mattered but the engine?

>> The 3.3

> Can you expand on your answer a bit, please?

The 3.0 is an underpowered, failure-prone Mitsubishi. The 3.8 offers no
real advantage over the 3.3 and sucks gas.

Linux Registered User #327951

Old February 17th 05, 10:09 PM

Got a 92 GC with a 3.3. Bought it with 86,000 - at that time it burned
about 1 qt every 2000 or so. 177,000 now, burns the same amount with
no end in sight.

Plenty of pick up. I don't have experience with the 3.8. It's my
understanding it's the same engine, basically as the 3.3.

I was wondering how many miles a well cared for 3.3 would go? Anyone
have 220+k on one of these babies?

Old February 17th 05, 10:31 PM
maxpower

You cant top post for Dan, he will have a coniption fit, and by all means do
a spell check and use proper punuctuation....BUT WHATEVER YOU DO DONT TOP
POST

Old February 18th 05, 01:18 AM
Shades

What are you talking about?

Old February 18th 05, 01:23 AM
maxpower

"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message
> What are you talking about?
>

> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> > You cant top post for Dan, he will have a coniption fit, and by all

means
> > do
> > a spell check and use proper punuctuation....BUT WHATEVER YOU DO DONT

TOP
> > POST
> > "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message
> >> Can you expand on your answer a bit, please?

the

> Dan C made a comment to you about posting on the top of the OP and gets

mad when you do that, read his comment to you..<stupid top-posting
corrected>.

Old February 18th 05, 01:26 AM
Shades

Is this from personal experience? I currently have a '92 3.0/3spd with
220K and neither engine or trans has ever been touched(Borrowed time, I
know). I have never had allot of faith in em buy this thing has impressed
me.

What about the '94-'95 3.0? Had there been improvements by then?

"Dan C" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:26:55 -0600, Shades wrote:
>
> <stupid top-posting corrected>

>>> The 3.3

>> Can you expand on your answer a bit, please?

> The 3.0 is an underpowered, failure-prone Mitsubishi. The 3.8 offers no
> real advantage over the 3.3 and sucks gas.
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

looking for welder opinions bige lewis Technology 3 February 8th 05 03:49 PM
Opinions on shocks? Motorhead Lawyer Jeep 14 February 5th 05 04:14 AM
Opinions on the 2002 L100. Rob Saturn 2 December 27th 04 05:53 AM
Experience and opinions on '86 635I The Singers BMW 5 November 29th 04 12:20 PM
Opinions of the 1988 735i ---Should I buy one?? Mark J. Amero BMW 7 November 20th 04 09:47 PM