LASER + PHOTO RADAR License plate cover

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 1st 05, 05:24 AM
pendaho

wrote:

> >>Can someone tell me if there is anything that defeats the red light
> >>cameras or speed cameras.

Here's what works in Maryland as long as you do not have a loan on your
car. (This won't work if you have a loan because most lenders won't
let you title a car in the name of a trust.)

First, create a Revocable Living Trust with the Nolo Willmaker Plus
software (www.nolo.com). For the name of the trust, use something
obscure, like "The Gamma Revocable Living Trust". Don't use your own
name as part of the trust name. (It is perfectly legal to name your
living trust anything that you want; you don't have to name it using
your name.) Make yourself the trustee. Make your wife or best friend
the beneficiary (that's the person who gets the car if you die.) The
Nolo software explains all this in simple terms. List your cars as
being owned by the living trust. Then go to the MVA and have your cars
retitled and reregistered under the name of the living trust. Take the
title for your car with you. Be sure to take the trust document with
you, as the MVA clerk will need to copy a few pages of the trust. The
cost to put a car in the trust is $27 per car. There is no transfer
tax, since you are transferring the cars to a trust for which you are
the trustee. Creating the living trust and putting just your cars in
it is not really that difficult. Total time including waiting at the
MVA office for this part of the project is about 3 hours.

Now you are protected, but you need to use the protection when your car
gets a red light ticket.

When you get a red light ticket, the defendent will be listed as the
name of the trust, for example, "The Gamma Revocable Living Trust".
(By the way, the ticket won't be associated with your driver's license
number because you'll get a "Z" ID code for your license number which
won't correlate with your driver's license number, but that's not even
that important.) When you go to court to defend the ticket, the judge
will ask you to plead. Don't plead, but instead, simply make the
following pretrial motion:

"Your honor, I wish to make a pretrial motion. The red light citation
is the charging document, and the party listed as the defendent is the
Gamma Revocable Living Trust. There is no such person as the Gamma
Revocable Living Trust, so I make a motion that the case be dismissed
as only a person can be charged."

If the judge asks who was driving, just say that you don't know, and
you are just appearing because you are the trustee of the trust that
owns the car.

The judge will then dismiss the case.

This works perfectly every time in Maryland. I suspect that it will
work virtually everywhere. If enough people do this, they might
enhance the system so that the MVA puts the name of the trustee in the
registration system so that the trustee can be charged, but that's
probably a very, very long way off. =20

Enjoy!