Should BAC limits be left up to the individual driver?

Old January 10th 05, 06:41 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Default Should BAC limits be left up to the individual driver?

All the car loons think speed limits should be treated as "suggestions"
and the driver free to do whatever speed he thinks he can handle.
Should we take the same attitude wrt drunk-driving?

Old January 10th 05, 07:30 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

So you agree that you should be free to drive whatever speed you want
and hell with the law?

Old January 10th 05, 07:30 AM

Old January 10th 05, 09:29 PM

Of course we should! Accomplished drinkers should be allowed to have a
*much* higher BAC than a newbie, since they have developed a tolerance
for the substance. Yhero Tubby Kennedy is a perfect example of that.
You should be able to drive with a very high BAC as well, you drunken
fool.

Old January 10th 05, 09:32 PM

Moron, a "speed limit" does *nothing* to improve road safety. Consider
driving on a road that's iced over. The speed limit might be 55mph on
that stretch of road, but driving it at that speed under those
conditions is far from safe. What's needed is an educational system
where drivers are (gasp) *taught* to drive properly. Works for Germany.

Unfortunately it won't work in the US, as the demlibs have dumbed down
the educational system so much that the majority of the morons in the
system aren't smart enough to understand simple physics. You're a
perfect example of that.

Old January 11th 05, 12:43 AM
ParrotRob

"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> All the car loons think speed limits should be treated as "suggestions"
> and the driver free to do whatever speed he thinks he can handle.
> Should we take the same attitude wrt drunk-driving?

I can't believe I'm responding to you, but absolutely yes! Drivers should
be judged on how much they are impaired, rather than an arbitrary numerical
value. I guarantee you there are millions of people who are much more
impaired at, say, .04% BAC than am I at the legal .08%.

Old January 11th 05, 12:43 AM
ParrotRob

Old January 11th 05, 01:48 AM
Max

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend a écrit :
> All the car loons think speed limits should be treated as "suggestions"
> and the driver free to do whatever speed he thinks he can handle.
> Should we take the same attitude wrt drunk-driving?

Perhaps so.

The .08 limit is pretty dumb, considering that driving only begins to be
affected around .12 BAC.

And the drivers that cause the accidents all have BAC's around .16 to
..25, and if you are at .25 you are really hammered and you'll know it.

--
http://www.saab-900.tk