HID's or maybe just SYLVANIA SILVERSTARS

Old July 13th 05, 05:37 AM
Dave M.

Default HID's or maybe just SYLVANIA SILVERSTARS

I see a lot of activity about HID's. I would like to install
4100-4300k HID's on my RSX-S (Honda). I have read that the stock reflectors
designed
for Halogen lamps "are not designed for the high intensity light of HID's"
and HID's are only legal when they come with reflectors designed for the
HID's.

Can I get HID reflectors for this RSX-S?

Am I going to blind drivers and get pulled over by an offended cop without
the HID reflectors, or should I save my $399.00!

--
Dave M.

Old July 13th 05, 05:42 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Dave M. wrote:

> I see a lot of activity about HID's. I would like to install
> 4100-4300k HID's on my RSX-S (Honda). I have read that the stock
> reflectors designed for Halogen lamps "are not designed for the high
> intensity light of HID's" and HID's are only legal when they come with
> reflectors designed for the HID's.

That is correct. See

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

> Can I get HID reflectors for this RSX-S?

Liep over at http://www.hidretro.com can put together a good and durable
retrofit of HID optics into stock RSX headlamps. You don't say what
country you're in. In Europe and many other countries, HID headlamps are
only legal if the car's equipped with headlamp lens cleaners and a
headlamp self-levelling system. No such requirements exist in North
America.

> Am I going to blind drivers and get pulled over by an offended cop
> without the HID reflectors

If you put HID bulbs into an optic designed to take halogen bulbs, that is
exactly what will happen.

Sylvania Silverstar is junk as far as seeing and durability are concerned.
What's your goal? Better seeing, or "bling bling" appearance?
Old July 17th 05, 06:16 PM
Dave M.

Gee, I'm glad I found you for a source of information, but a flag went up
when you said Sylvania Silverstar is junk, since you also said on your site
that Osram is reputable. I read nothing but praise for the value of "stock
legal" Silverstars.

Regardless, your site is VERY useful for those who should know how the
different light sources work.

Thanks,

--
Dave M.

.umich.edu...

Old July 17th 05, 06:50 PM
Dave M.

Sorry, just realized Osram Silverstars are sold in Europe, not to be
confused with Sylvania Silverstars!

--
Dave M.

Old July 17th 05, 07:03 PM