Insuring an M3 (UK)

Old July 16th 05, 06:09 PM
Daz

Default Insuring an M3 (UK)

Hi,

Well my M3 is going to be here next week so I need to sort out my insurance,
the cheapest quote I've had so far is The AA @ £1,300.

Are there any other companies worth trying?

Thanks

Daz

--
There are only 10 types of people - Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.

Old July 16th 05, 06:18 PM
Ted

"Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Well my M3 is going to be here next week so I need to sort out my
> insurance, the cheapest quote I've had so far is The AA @ £1,300.
>
> Are there any other companies worth trying?
>
> Thanks
>
> Daz
>
> --
> There are only 10 types of people - Those who understand binary, and those
> who don't.

Direct Line

Old July 16th 05, 06:31 PM
Daz

"Ted" > wrote in message

> "Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Well my M3 is going to be here next week so I need to sort out my
>> insurance, the cheapest quote I've had so far is The AA @ £1,300.
>>
>> Are there any other companies worth trying?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Daz
>>
>> --
>> There are only 10 types of people - Those who understand binary, and
>> those who don't.
>>

> Direct Line

Thanks

Not bad, £1,265

Just been to www.confused.com and cheapest they find is £1,147, although
with £750 excess!

I'm getting there!!!

Old July 16th 05, 07:08 PM
Ted

"Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message

> "Ted" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Well my M3 is going to be here next week so I need to sort out my
>>> insurance, the cheapest quote I've had so far is The AA @ £1,300.
>>>
>>> Are there any other companies worth trying?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Daz
>>>
>>> --
>>> There are only 10 types of people - Those who understand binary, and
>>> those who don't.
>>>

>> Direct Line

> Thanks
>
> Not bad, £1,265
>
> Just been to www.confused.com and cheapest they find is £1,147, although
> with £750 excess!
>
> I'm getting there!!!

sorta motor that isn't cheap no matter which way you go........

plus you don't know what any company is like until it comes to a claim.
There seems to be a load of new names popping up. What about the one Michael
Winner advertises on TV..........just can't think of it now........bloody
hell I watched it 10 times a night for 12 months or more............must be
old age

dj

Old July 16th 05, 07:10 PM
Mick

Have you tried http://www.moneysupermarket.com/ ? I was pleasantly surprised
at the quote I got from their search engine and took out the policy for my
323. Not sure how the search engine will deal with an M3 but you can give
it a whirl.

Old July 16th 05, 09:49 PM
Harry

"Ted" > wrote in message

> "Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message

>>> Direct Line

>> Thanks
>>
>> Not bad, £1,265
>>
>> Just been to www.confused.com and cheapest they find is £1,147, although
>> with £750 excess!
>>
>> I'm getting there!!!
>>

> sorta motor that isn't cheap no matter which way you go........
>
> plus you don't know what any company is like until it comes to a claim.

...true, My M3 was just nicked, and Direct Line are not living up to
expectations.
They keep promising things and giving incorrect information and time-frames.
Very disappointing.

Old July 17th 05, 08:02 AM
Daz

"Mick" > wrote in message
> Have you tried http://www.moneysupermarket.com/ ? I was pleasantly
> surprised at the quote I got from their search engine and took out the
> policy for my 323. Not sure how the search engine will deal with an M3
> but you can give it a whirl.

Some good quotes there too, thanks!

Amazes me how they differ so much, from Screen Trade @ £1,159 to People's
Choice @ £2,765!!!

Old July 17th 05, 11:01 AM
Keith

"Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message

> "Mick" > wrote in message
> > Have you tried http://www.moneysupermarket.com/ ? I was pleasantly
> > surprised at the quote I got from their search engine and took out the
> > policy for my 323. Not sure how the search engine will deal with an M3
> > but you can give it a whirl.

> Some good quotes there too, thanks!
>
> Amazes me how they differ so much, from Screen Trade @ £1,159 to People's
> Choice @ £2,765!!!
>

> > "Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message
> >

> >> Not bad, £1,265
> >>
> >> Just been to www.confused.com and cheapest they find is £1,147,

although
> >> with £750 excess!
> >>
> >> I'm getting there!!!

I got a good quote from Admiral. This was for a 330D sport, but NU was £770,
Admiral £361. Big differrence.
Not sure what they are like as a company though.

Old July 17th 05, 03:23 PM
TonyK

"Daz" <daz@home> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Well my M3 is going to be here next week so I need to sort out my

insurance,
> the cheapest quote I've had so far is The AA @ £1,300.
>
> Are there any other companies worth trying?
>
> Thanks
>
> Daz
>
> --
> There are only 10 types of people - Those who understand binary, and those
> who don't.

http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk/c...ntroduction.ht

These seem pretty good for most M3 drivers on other boards.

Old July 18th 05, 02:38 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

I think this an important point ("Not sure what they are like as a company
") Note the comment about Direct Line not paying out easily earlier this
thread. I have Norwich Union (good payout record). There seem to be two
ways of getting to them
- NU Direct (also via web)
- Via a broker. (I use a small one in the City called John Ansell, tel:
020-7251 6821.)

NU Direct may be cheaper, ironically.

DAS

---