Warrenty Waffling

Old March 15th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Warrenty Waffling

Well,it had to happen sooner or later,im out of my 36k factory
warrenty,things arent covered anymore,I lamp burned out on my
cluster,i have to get an appointment during the day & not on saturdays
to have it replaced,that sucks.but for my oilchange,SURE,come on in on
a thursday night & we'll be glad to help you!.What a ****ing
operation!.They have to ''notify'' amechanic before an appointment
ahead of time?.This keeps up,i'm going to Firestone.
Old March 15th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

um, I'm confused, were your oil changes covered under warranty? What does
one have to do with the other. Well, just fyi, usually the guy who does oil
changes is not the same guy who pulls your dash apart to replace a bulb or
does any other mechanical job, thats why they can usually schedule you
easily for an oil change anytime, but other maintenance may require a set
appt. Be nice and they'll treat you nice. ;-) Perhaps consider an extended
warranty? just a suggestion, unless you have deep pockets, have a very cheap
good personal mechanic or are a do it yourself mechanic. Either way, best of
luck on the outcome.

marx404

Old March 16th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

No,I paid for the oil changes all along,I thought a burn out bulb
would be covered under the extended warrenty I have,but it doesnt.I'm
confused now too,a mechanic is waiting in the wings to do the other
than oil change work?.that make it 2x the amount i'd pay for
services,or is that the way the cars are worked on nowa days?.Hard to
be nice when I just bought a $16,000 vehicle from them,& be told
--uh,uh,were not open on saturdays,or being told the car hast obe in
the morning for a battery check,a diagnostic check,or a burnt out
bulb.

Old March 16th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

"teem" > wrote in message
> No,I paid for the oil changes all along,I thought a burn out bulb
> would be covered under the extended warrenty I have,but it doesnt.I'm
> confused now too,a mechanic is waiting in the wings to do the other
> than oil change work?.that make it 2x the amount i'd pay for
> services,or is that the way the cars are worked on nowa days?.Hard to
> be nice when I just bought a $16,000 vehicle from them,& be told
> --uh,uh,were not open on saturdays,or being told the car hast obe in
> the morning for a battery check,a diagnostic check,or a burnt out
> bulb.

If these things (bulb covered by warrantee, Saturday service) are
important to you, I must admit to being a bit surprised that you did not
find out about them *before* you purchased the vehicle. <grin>

Old March 17th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Timing was everything,you cant predict when a lamp burns out,it
follows murphys law--when the primary warrenty runs out,thing in a car
start to happen,that goes for everyones car--yours too! GRIN

>>>um, I'm confused, were your oil changes covered under warranty? What does
>>>one have to do with the other. Well, just fyi, usually the guy who does
>>>oil
>>>changes is not the same guy who pulls your dash apart to replace a bulb or
>>>does any other mechanical job, thats why they can usually schedule you
>>>easily for an oil change anytime, but other maintenance may require a set
>>>appt. Be nice and they'll treat you nice. ;-) Perhaps consider an extended
>>>warranty? just a suggestion, unless you have deep pockets, have a very
>>>cheap
>>>good personal mechanic or are a do it yourself mechanic. Either way, best
>>>of
>>>luck on the outcome.
>>>
>>>marx404

.. .

Old March 17th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

<<I thought a burn out bulb would be covered under the extended
warrenty I have,but it doesnt>>

The extended warranty states that "if anything breaks or wears out -
and it doesn't appear in the descriptions that follow - it's covered,
and we'll fix it"

In the descriptions that follow, under "Other Parts", it lists
"lightbulbs" (see
http://www.saturn.com/saturn/purchas...rage/index.jsp)

So why did you think they would be covered? This doesn't make sense...

John Cowart

Old March 22nd 06, 08:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

"teem" > wrote in message
> No,I paid for the oil changes all along,I thought a burn out bulb
> would be covered under the extended warrenty I have,but it doesnt.

There are two reasons why I never purchase extended warranties, be they for
a car or some other product:

1) I select a product that has a reputation for quality and therefore
probably wouldn't need expensive repairs anyway.

2) I know too many people who have tried to collect on their extended
warranties, only to have the business weasel out of the repairs.
Salespeople may promise that an extended warranty covers everything,
including "acts of god," customer abuse and neglect, etc, but they'll sing a
different tune when you return with your broke-down merchandise.

Has anyone here ever been to Discount Tire? Occasionally I still go there
for flat repairs. The scenario is always the same. As I wait for my tire
to be fixed, I sit in the waiting room, reading a magazine. A customer
comes in and buys tires, including a special warranty that (he is told)
covers "everthing." A free replacement tire will allegedly be offered no
matter what the cause--nail, road hazard, premature wear, etc. Customer
gets tires mounted, then leaves. Then another customer comes in, wanting a
replacement tire for the one that went bad; he tells the clerk he has the
warranty that covers everything. Clerk starts to debate the issue with him,
saying that because of his particular car, or the particular tire brand, or
because the way the tire was damaged--or something--that the warranty, in
this case, does not apply, and that he will have to pay for a replacement
tire. Then a third customer comes in and buys tires, like the first
customer. And a fourth customer comes in and can't collect on his warranty,
like the second customer. And back and forth and back and forth.

What amazes me is that people still buy these so-called warranties, even
though anyone who sits in a Discount Tire waiting room and pays the least
bit of attention to the clerk-customer interactions should learn that any
warranty sold isn't worth the paper is written on.