1998-2000 passat lower control arm recall

Old December 6th 04, 11:46 PM
Woodchuck

Yes, Audi's do require a ton of cash to keep going. I had a 1990 20v Quattro
for about 6 years. Great car but I got tired of things breaking. That's why
I now own a 99 GLX Passat.

ups.com...

Old December 7th 04, 04:04 AM
Tony

99 Passat and 99 A4 shared the same chassis. 2000 Audi went their own way.
So watch those control arms.

Did you have the fuel guage sender recall done? How about your stopping
power on the stock 195s. And the front rotors don't have splash guards and
the windshield rain gutter empties on the battery!

Tony
Had 99 Passat GLX too. Couldn't wait for the lease to run out.

Old December 7th 04, 04:04 AM
Tony

Old December 7th 04, 01:24 PM
Woodchuck

> Did you have the fuel guage sender recall done?

That was 4-motion only.

How about your stopping

No issues here

> power on the stock 195s.

I run 205's

And the front rotors don't have splash guards
No issues here

and
> the windshield rain gutter empties on the battery!

So, my battery gets washed everytime it rains!

Old December 7th 04, 01:24 PM
Woodchuck

> Did you have the fuel guage sender recall done?

That was 4-motion only.

How about your stopping

No issues here

> power on the stock 195s.

I run 205's

Old December 7th 04, 06:30 PM
Frank

Our 1999 Passat (wagon) was checked by the local dealer (Howard Cooper,
Ann Arbor, MI) and found to not need new control arms, so I didn't get
as far as the "must have all maintenance records to be replaced for no
charge" point.

They did replace one of the rear wheel housing liners under another
recall.

Frank

Old December 7th 04, 06:30 PM
Frank

Old December 7th 04, 07:18 PM
Vikram Dighe

Do you have a copy of the letter you received about this recall? I just
called my dealer about my 2000 S4, and they said that there was an Audi
recall for lower control arms on some other cars, but none for my S4 yet.
Too bad alt.autos.audi isn't very active!

Vik
vxd9661<>cs.rit.edu

Old December 7th 04, 07:18 PM
Vikram Dighe

Old December 18th 04, 10:05 PM
Genetoy

I haven't read all the mail in this thread, but I can tell you to get your
car checked. My daughter got the letter last Fri. on her '98 Passat.
Today she got off the highway, pulled into her driveway, and the front end
crashed to the ground. The driver side axle snapped. She's waiting for the
tow truck now. Who knows what will be paid. Hopefully, there's no other
damage done. Thank God she's not dead or injured.