Why we do this...because our cars make peope happy.

Old December 16th 04, 01:45 AM
Shaggie

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:37:34 GMT, "Mike C." >
wrote:

>Well that's nice. What's you're F*ckin' problem?? I may have neo-hippie
>traits but I'm still from NYC.

He's a dickhead and you misspelled "your." But seriously. About
both things, you yankee, you. :-)

>"jjs" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike C." > wrote in message
>> .net...
>>> Actually...the train pulled out of the station long before I ever had a
>>> chance to buy a ticket. I'm only 4 years older than my 74 Superbeetle
>>>

>> Figures. May you rust in hell.

---

"Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness."
-James Thurber
Old December 16th 04, 01:47 AM
Mike C.

That's why you should never write two things at once while you're ****ed
off.

Old December 16th 04, 01:57 AM
Shaggie

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:47:31 GMT, "Mike C." >
wrote:

>That's why you should never write two things at once while you're ****ed
>off.

Not that I'm one to talk, but.... No, that means you should never
write even one thing while you're ****ed off, and you should never let
some usenet bozo **** you off to start with. ;-)

>"Shaggie" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:37:34 GMT, "Mike C." >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Well that's nice. What's you're F*ckin' problem?? I may have neo-hippie
>>>traits but I'm still from NYC.

>> He's a dickhead and you misspelled "your." But seriously. About
>> both things, you yankee, you. :-)

>> ---
>>
>> "Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in
>> awareness."
>> -James Thurber

---

Old December 16th 04, 01:59 AM
Mike C.

Yeah...you're right. Probably he's over-compensating for something
anyhow...feel bad for him really.

"Shaggie" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:47:31 GMT, "Mike C." >
> wrote:
>
>>That's why you should never write two things at once while you're ****ed
>>off.

> Not that I'm one to talk, but.... No, that means you should never
> write even one thing while you're ****ed off, and you should never let
> some usenet bozo **** you off to start with. ;-)

. ..

Old December 16th 04, 02:01 AM
Shaggie

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:59:16 GMT, "Mike C." >
wrote:

>Yeah...you're right. Probably he's over-compensating for something
>anyhow...feel bad for him really.

Don't worry, JJ will bounce back. He's like... DY-NO-MITE!!! :-D

>"Shaggie" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:47:31 GMT, "Mike C." >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>That's why you should never write two things at once while you're ****ed
>>>off.

>> Not that I'm one to talk, but.... No, that means you should never
>> write even one thing while you're ****ed off, and you should never let
>> some usenet bozo **** you off to start with. ;-)

>> ---
>>
>> "Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in
>> awareness."
>> -James Thurber

---

Old December 16th 04, 02:01 AM
Kidd Andersson

>>> [...] The baby-boomers that danced naked in a mud-pit at woodstock, now
>>> currently voting republican because their tax rates are low. I don't want
>>> to call them sell outs, since it's easy to sell out when you have privat
>>> school they have to pay for their kids and stuff like that. I can at least

>>> voice my disappointment however. [...]

>>WTF do you know, Junior. You have your opinions, and you have an asshole and

>>they are interchangable. KILLFILE.
>>

>JJ is teh funny. DY-NO-MITE!!!
>
>---
>
>"Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in
>awareness."
>-James Thurber

Apparently he's ****ed because he danced naked in the mud pits at Woodstock and
now he votes Republican for the tax breaks.

K.
John C's proof: http://hometown.aol.com/littlevwgoddess/page5.html
Old December 16th 04, 02:02 AM
Mike64Bug

> If you don't own a thirty year old plus automobile it's sort of hard
> understanding how much a pain in the ass it is to keep it running,
> especially if you're not a rich dude who can plunk down money to get
> an old car restored like it ain't no thing.
>

> Mike:
>
> If that's how you feel man then bully for you. I don't particularly relate
> to the neo hippy thing even though I am old enough to remember the late 60s.
> My own views are probably fairly far to the right of yours. I just don't
> think it really makes a difference. I am not into VWs as a political
> statement. When I go to a VW show I want to talk to people about their VWs
> not about what their political or lifestyle choices or whatever are.
>

> I just find something very reassuring and satisfying about playing with and
> driving them. I am tinkering with my 70 Fastback in the garage tonight. My
> cat comes and checks out what I am doing while I am trying to get under the
> dash. Yes, I could probably find something I could convince myself was more
> important to do, but I find my VW hobby helps give me a little balance to my
> life. (Is that hippy like? I don't know)
>

> My dad got his first VW in the mid 60s when I was a little guy and their has
> been one in our family ever since. I have strayed from time to time with
> other cars but I always come back to AC VWs. I have a seriously rusted out
> KG conv that in spite of protestations from family and friends, I refuse to
> get rid of it. I will get it restored someday, to part with it now would be
> like abandoning the dream.
>

> Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
>

> Doug

Doug, we must have gone to different schools together years ago.
Same here, I don't look at my vw involvement as anything political or
as some sorta statement. I just like wrenching on them and drivin'
around. My cat doesn't like my bug though, don't think she likes
the fweeming noise. Too cold here for any vw work though at the
moment. Mike C., yeah it might be a pain in the butt to keep 'em
going but the friendly conversations at the gas pump help make it
all worth it. Peace dude.

Old December 16th 04, 02:08 AM
RSMEINER

>least

>>>WTF do you know, Junior. You have your opinions, and you have an asshole

>and
>>
>>>they are interchangable. KILLFILE.
>>>

>>JJ is teh funny. DY-NO-MITE!!!
>>
>>---
>>
>>"Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in
>>awareness."
>>-James Thurber

>Apparently he's ****ed because he danced naked in the mud pits at Woodstock
>and
>now he votes Republican for the tax breaks.
>
>K.

John C's proof: http://hometown.aol.com/littlevwgoddess/page5.html

I can safely say that baby boomers did not dance naked in the mud
at woodstock.

Old December 16th 04, 02:11 AM
Mike C.

The truth hurts, man

Old December 16th 04, 02:55 AM
Kafertoys

>I can safely say that baby boomers did not dance naked in the mud
>at woodstock.

My father might be the exception to that rule...must be the reason my mother
wouldn't let me go with him...lol

Mario