The perfect road!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 8th 05, 06:21 AM
Wound Up

Richard wrote:
> The person who told me about getting the stamp told me that he has used it.
> He told me that the officer asked him about it and he responded that he was
> merely protecting his identity. The officer then went back to his car and
> called in and then came back and said asked for his copy of the ticket and
> was told that he would just be given a verbal warning.

Interesting..

> I don't think that the issuing of a ticket or being stopped is the same as
> being arrested. Arrested implies that you have been taken into custody .I
> would think that being arrested would also at the very least require the
> officer to "read you your rights". Is that being Mirandaized?

Yes it is. But when stopped, you are under the control and direction of
the officer, so it is in a being taken into a sort of custody. Not
quite the same thing as being physically taken away, so I get your point.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

RASCAR Winter Series Road Course Race 1 - 1/8/05 David G Fisher Simulators 24 January 8th 05 09:29 AM
drive with kindness (road peace instead of road rage) dash2 Driving 42 January 6th 05 08:32 PM
Audi All Road reliability LIW Audi 2 November 3rd 04 08:39 PM
Rollercoaster Road - Missouri D. Rogers Mazda 2 August 31st 04 01:39 AM