NSR2005

Old January 31st 05, 12:28 AM
Shane Warfel

Default NSR2005

I think it's pretty cool!

Old January 31st 05, 04:06 AM
Shane Warfel

I found out alot has to do with your wheel settings and sensitivity. If
you go with the 'out of the box' settings it won't be right. I couldn't
get my car to drive right on the shorter tracks so I moved to Talladega
where I'm extremely comfortable there. After some tweaking I was able to
get my car pretty comfortable. In case anybody is wondering why I have
Talladega and you don't - I'm a rankings programmer for a website you
probably heard of and I have a beta.

http://www.nr2003.net
http://www.nascarsimcentral.com
http://www.onlineracin.com

Old January 31st 05, 05:18 AM
Alan Le

> 2. I can't even get the car to follow a straight line, I spent quite a
while
> trying to get my MOMO Racing setup to work....the car setups helped a bit
> once I freed them up, at least the car would turn, but at Indy right now,
> the car simply will not go straight for me, I come off a turn up high and
> the car gradually drifts down to the inside, small steering inputs have no
> effect, until the wheel is turned far enough, and then the car shoots

into
> the outside wall...in all fairness, this same thing would happen in N2003
> for me when I used certain setups, but i have not ben able to correct this
> yet.

Sounds like your linearity's messed up. Make sure speed sensitivity is 0%
or really close, and the axis sensitivity should be 50% to be completely
linear.

Alan

Old January 31st 05, 06:48 AM
Dave Henrie

"Alan Le" > wrote in

> Sounds like your linearity's messed up. Make sure speed sensitivity
> is 0% or really close, and the axis sensitivity should be 50% to be
> completely linear.
>
> Alan

Alan is on the mark. WE HAVE DISCUSSED THESE VERY ISSUES WITH F1 2000,
2000 CS, 2001, 2002, AND F1C!!!! Where has everybody been? Google
search ras with the groups option and look for contollers + F1 2001 etc.
old ground folks...very old.

dh
Old January 31st 05, 07:01 AM
Steve Whitty

> Alan is on the mark. WE HAVE DISCUSSED THESE VERY ISSUES WITH F1 2000,
> 2000 CS, 2001, 2002, AND F1C!!!! Where has everybody been?

same place as me, with head stuck in ground

cheers

steve

Old February 1st 05, 02:06 AM
Sting32

see gamespot review/preview?
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/n...w_6117437.html

Old February 1st 05, 04:13 AM
ymenard

>"Dave Henrie" > wrote
> Alan is on the mark. WE HAVE DISCUSSED THESE VERY ISSUES WITH F1 2000,
> 2000 CS, 2001, 2002, AND F1C!!!! Where has everybody been? Google
> search ras with the groups option and look for contollers + F1 2001 etc.
> old ground folks...very old.

I think the question is more : How many freaking releases will EA continue
before getting the clue and asking to their developpers a better controller
configuration?

It's pathetic that after half a decade we're still at the same place.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old February 1st 05, 02:40 PM
Asgeir Nesoen

Exactly. How can you expect people to look up "controller +NSR2005" when
they just bought the same game for their hard earned money in order to
get it right?

If I bought a car, and had to do a google search before I could get it
to behave properly, I would have demanded a refund, fer crying out loud.

---A---

Old February 2nd 05, 03:45 AM
Dave Henrie

Asgeir Nesoen > wrote in
:

> Exactly. How can you expect people to look up "controller +NSR2005"
> when they just bought the same game for their hard earned money in
> order to get it right?
>
> If I bought a car, and had to do a google search before I could get it
> to behave properly, I would have demanded a refund, fer crying out
> loud.
>
> ---A---

The problem is...the controller code DOES work correctly. It works
very well. ISI handles more axis, more buttons, more inputs and gives you
dozens of options not even remotely available from Papyrus.
But...it does work DIFFERENTLY than what you may be used to. So if you
buy a car that has a starter button instead of a key, do you take it back?

dave henrie
Old February 2nd 05, 06:21 AM
Alan Le

> The problem is...the controller code DOES work correctly. It works
> very well. ISI handles more axis, more buttons, more inputs and gives you
> dozens of options not even remotely available from Papyrus.
> But...it does work DIFFERENTLY than what you may be used to. So if you
> buy a car that has a starter button instead of a key, do you take it back?

I never understood why people say Papyrus' controller setup is heads and
tails above ISI's. ISI offers mostly the same adjustability (input momentum
is the difference that comes to mind) with different labels. I will give a
nod to Papyrus for making their layout more intuitive, but that doesn't make
it more configurable... unless of course someone simply doesn't bother to
find out how ISI's system works. The one thing Papyrus has handled better
(and maybe GTR has improved this) is multiple controllers. ISI's two
controller limitation can be frustrating.

Alan