02 Dodge Intrepid

Old July 14th 05, 06:51 PM
Sal S.

Default 02 Dodge Intrepid

I have an 2002 Dodge Intrepid / 2.7ltr
165,000 miles

TROUBLE: Runs great when its running, its getting it to the running
point that's been a problem.

On any giving start the thing will start up fine, run great

On OTHER STARTS: the thing will start stall start stall, buck, backfire,
stall, idle rough then stall... I find when it starts like this, and it
hasn't stalled (but its running rough) i let it start driving w/out
hitting the gas pedal.... as it moves on this idle, it starts running
better & better... Then Its Fine.

Next few starts it might be good, (or maybe not), then other starts this
will happen again.... The problem is very erratic.... HELP!

Any Ideas of whats wrong?

Old July 14th 05, 08:29 PM
maxpower

"Sal S." > wrote in message
> I have an 2002 Dodge Intrepid / 2.7ltr
> 165,000 miles
>
> TROUBLE: Runs great when its running, its getting it to the running
> point that's been a problem.
>
> On any giving start the thing will start up fine, run great
>
> On OTHER STARTS: the thing will start stall start stall, buck, backfire,
> stall, idle rough then stall... I find when it starts like this, and it
> hasn't stalled (but its running rough) i let it start driving w/out
> hitting the gas pedal.... as it moves on this idle, it starts running
> better & better... Then Its Fine.
>
> Next few starts it might be good, (or maybe not), then other starts this
> will happen again.... The problem is very erratic.... HELP!
>
> Any Ideas of whats wrong?

I would start with a scan of the modules to see what if any fault codes are
in the memory, Is the check engine lite on?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 14th 05, 10:08 PM
Doug

"YES" The check engine light is on

Old July 14th 05, 10:26 PM
Dan C

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:08:19 -0400, Doug wrote:

> "YES" The check engine light is on

Gee, what does that tell you? Think you might want to take it in to see
what fault codes are set? Still in warranty?

Linux Registered User #327951

Old July 15th 05, 03:03 AM
James C. Reeves

"Dan C" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:08:19 -0400, Doug wrote:
>
>> "YES" The check engine light is on

> Gee, what does that tell you? Think you might want to take it in to see
> what fault codes are set? Still in warranty?

With 165K miles on the clock?

Old July 15th 05, 04:16 AM
Dan C

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:03:22 -0400, James C. Reeves wrote:

>>> "YES" The check engine light is on

>> Gee, what does that tell you? Think you might want to take it in to see
>> what fault codes are set? Still in warranty?

> With 165K miles on the clock?

Oops, yeah forgot that little detail... Man, that's high mileage for an
'02...

For the OP, you need to see what's causing the Check Engine light to be
on. Get the codes read, at a dealer or an auto parts store...

Linux Registered User #327951

Old July 15th 05, 10:56 AM
damnnickname

Stay away from the auto parts stores, have it diagnoised by someone not
just trying to sell parts

Old July 15th 05, 07:33 PM
maxpower

"Dan C" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:08:19 -0400, Doug wrote:
>
> > "YES" The check engine light is on

> Gee, what does that tell you? Think you might want to take it in to see
> what fault codes are set? Still in warranty?
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

There it is again, Take it to the dealer we cant fix it, its under warranty.
Famous words for an after market shop that cant diagnosis it

Old July 15th 05, 09:09 PM
Dan C

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:33:06 -0400, maxpower wrote:

>> > "YES" The check engine light is on

>> Gee, what does that tell you? Think you might want to take it in to see
>> what fault codes are set? Still in warranty?

> There it is again, Take it to the dealer we cant fix it, its under
> warranty. Famous words for an after market shop that cant diagnosis it

Do you see the word "dealer" in my reply above? Don't be such a doofus,
you ignorant grease monkey. No wonder you work for a dealership.

Linux Registered User #327951

Old July 15th 05, 09:19 PM
maxpower

"Dan C" > wrote in message
news

> >> Gee, what does that tell you? Think you might want to take it in to

see
> >> what fault codes are set? Still in warranty?

> > There it is again, Take it to the dealer we cant fix it, its under
> > warranty. Famous words for an after market shop that cant diagnosis it

> Do you see the word "dealer" in my reply above? Don't be such a doofus,
> you ignorant grease monkey. No wonder you work for a dealership.
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

Still under warranty you say?? I guess you mean take it to McDonalds or
maybe Target or Walmart. Most people would of guessed the dealer. You still
humor me boy