OBD2 eader

Old October 7th 05, 02:44 PM
Trefor

I should also have mentioned the safety aspect of not switching off the
suspension when jacking the car up.
If you jack it up and perhaps remove a wheel, there is a possibility that
the suspension might try to level up and cause it to swivel off the jack

Trefor

http://www.rmrailways.co.uk

Old October 8th 05, 07:07 AM
Ashton Crusher

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:11:09 +0100, "Trefor"
> wrote:

>Thanks for reply Len
>The owner's manual says, quote, "The self-levelling suspension must be
>switched off befor jacking, towing or transporting the vehicle on a trailer"

.................................................. ....^^^^^^

>unquote. No mention of when towing a trailer or caravan.

Seems to me it mentions towing.....

http://www.rmrailways.co.uk

Old October 8th 05, 04:47 PM
Simon H

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:11:09 +0100, "Trefor"
> > wrote:
>
>>Thanks for reply Len
>>The owner's manual says, quote, "The self-levelling suspension must be
>>switched off befor jacking, towing or transporting the vehicle on a
>>trailer"

>>unquote. No mention of when towing a trailer or caravan.

> Seems to me it mentions towing.....

The reference to towing in this case refers to when the Explorer is being
towed or transported on a truck / trailer.

Simon H