Anyone know how to reset "Check Engine" lghit.

Old December 24th 04, 03:36 AM
Doug S.

The man asked, "How to extinguish the Trouble Light". I told him. I
did not say that extinguishing the light would fix the problem. Please
re-read my post.

The problem here is, that not too many of the readers here have 3-12
grand burning a hole in their pocket, just looking for something to
spend it on. True, ...... "You get what you pay for". But let's be a
little realistic here.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:22:46 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> wrote:

>Bear in mind that cheap code scanners have limited functuality..... usually
>retrieving only generic OBD2 codes and don't offer actuator test modes nor
>PID monitoring. Additionally, the wiener at the parts store wants to sell
>parts... lot's of them. This scenario may work for some - None of my
>customers want guesswork, repeat repairs nor unreliability.
>
>A good Ford dealer will have 3 scan tools in their arsenal... the venerable
>NGS (about $4G Canadian), the NGS+ ( a base NGS plus another $3G) and the
>WDS... a very powerful (though slow and nearly antiquated) tool at about
>$12G... none of these include the updates.....
>
>Disconnecting the battery has little to do with repairing the problem......
>otherwise we could fix that balky TV set by unplugging it for 15 minutes ( I
>can see the rush to the wall outlet now).
>
>A good chef makes more money than the kid at MacDonalds.... I wonder why???

.. .

Old December 25th 04, 06:36 AM
Jim Warman

Doug, I don't see anywhere in my reply that I was picking on you...... I
hung my reply on what seemed to be a suitable post. Since we're on the
subject, however... getting realistic - do we need our cars to be reliable
( ask a pregnant woman)....... do we need our overall running costs to be as
low as possible - ask the guys that have thrown part after part at their
cars only to be left waitng for a tow truck.

You view extinguishing the CEL as a temporary thing.... I see it as a
fix..... turning the light off has little to do with fixing anything.

If your skin is that thing, it may be that usenet is not a place for you....

<All the bottom crap is gone and I'd like to see anyone accuse me of
top-posting here>

Old December 26th 04, 01:45 AM
Jim Warman

after delivery,
or use high quality beef or pork roasts (it is cheaper and better to
cut up a whole roast than to buy stew meat).

1 stillbirth, de-boned and cubed
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 large onions
bell pepper
celery
garlic
½ cup red wine
3 Irish potatoes
2 large carrots

This is a simple classic stew that makes natural gravy,
thus it does not have to be thickened.
Brown the meat quickly in very hot oil, remove and set aside.
Brown the onions, celery, pepper and garlic.
De-glaze with wine, return meat to the pan and season well.
Stew on low fire adding small amounts of water and
seasoning as necessary.
After at least half an hour, add the carrots and potatoes,
and simmer till root vegetables break with a fork.
Cook a fresh pot of long grained white rice.

Pre-mie Pot Pie

When working with prematurely delivered newborns (or chicken) use sherry;
red wine with beef (buy steak or roast, do not pre-boil).

Pie crust (see index)
Whole fresh pre-mie; eviscerated, head, hands and feet removed
Onions, bell pepper, celery
½ cup wine
Root vegetables of choice (turnips, carrots, potatoes, etc) cubed

Make a crust