The spray is not visible so it is still legal.

Old March 16th 05, 10:38 PM
Erica

Default The spray is not visible so it is still legal.

The fanatical attentiveness on speed has produced a nation of nervous
drivers whose confidence appears to have been destroyed. Nobody wants
to overtake these days and, if overtaken, most drivers react with
annoyance. Skill, judgment and anticipation have gone out of the window
and our roads are more dangerous as a result.

And I wish for that raison d'=EAtre that I could spray everyone's
license plate with a photoblocker spray http://www.photoblocker.com/
and get the whole thing as the crow flies. Everybody will drive with
self-belief and there will be fewer accidents.

Old March 16th 05, 10:50 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Erica" > wrote in message
oups.com...

I wish for that raison d'être that I could spray everyone's
license plate with a photoblocker spray http://www.photoblocker.com/
and get the whole thing as the crow flies. Everybody will drive with
self-belief and there will be fewer accidents.

If my memory serves me correctly, radar-blocking devices are illegal in
Portland. They've cut you off at the pass.

Old March 16th 05, 11:14 PM
Dave C.

> I wish for that raison d'être that I could spray everyone's
> license plate with a photoblocker spray http://www.photoblocker.com/
> and get the whole thing as the crow flies. Everybody will drive with
> self-belief and there will be fewer accidents.
>
> If my memory serves me correctly, radar-blocking devices are illegal in
> Portland. They've cut you off at the pass.

How so? Even if you use the spray, that in no way interferes with radar.
They can still get a good lock on your car and tell how fast your car is
going. Too bad they don't know where to send the ticket. -Dave

Old March 16th 05, 11:41 PM
The Office Jet

The spray basically masks the license plate? Is that how it works?
Anyone know the details of this kinda stuff?

Old March 16th 05, 11:51 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

\"Dave C." > wrote in message
link.net...

>> I wish for that raison d'être that I could spray everyone's
>> license plate with a photoblocker spray http://www.photoblocker.com/
>> and get the whole thing as the crow flies. Everybody will drive with
>> self-belief and there will be fewer accidents.
>>
>> If my memory serves me correctly, radar-blocking devices are illegal in
>> Portland. They've cut you off at the pass.

> How so? Even if you use the spray, that in no way interferes with radar.
> They can still get a good lock on your car and tell how fast your car is
> going. Too bad they don't know where to send the ticket. -Dave

The law applies to plastic license plate covers, but I think the term is
devices. If you get pulled over for something else and they notice your
license plate has been tampered with, then they could ding you for that too.

This may be a scam anyway--maybe it's some spray on snake-oil thing. A
better and cheaper alternative is just don't get speeding tickets.

Old March 16th 05, 11:55 PM
Furious George

The Office Jet wrote:
> The spray basically masks the license plate? Is that how it works?
> Anyone know the details of this kinda stuff?

Yes. Let me explain the process.

(1) You buy the photoblocker spray.
(2) You spray your license plate.
(3) You are caught on camera speeding.
(4) It takes about a month to process and send out your ticket.
(5) You brighten up and realize the spray doesn't work.
(6) You ask for your money back.
(7) You realize you aren't going to get your money back.

Any questions.

Old March 17th 05, 12:25 AM
Dave C.

> The law applies to plastic license plate covers, but I think the term is
> devices. If you get pulled over for something else and they notice your
> license plate has been tampered with, then they could ding you for that

too.

> This may be a scam anyway--maybe it's some spray on snake-oil thing. A
> better and cheaper alternative is just don't get speeding tickets.

Assuming the spray works . . . how would anybody (a cop or anybody else)
NOTICE that the license plate had been tampered with? -Dave

Old March 17th 05, 12:33 AM
Paul

On 16 Mar 2005 13:38:42 -0800, Erica , one of an infinite number of=20
monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters said the following in=20
rec.autos.driving...=20

> The fanatical attentiveness on speed has produced a nation of nervous
> drivers whose confidence appears to have been destroyed. Nobody wants
> to overtake these days and, if overtaken, most drivers react with
> annoyance. Skill, judgment and anticipation have gone out of the window
> and our roads are more dangerous as a result.
>=20
> And I wish for that raison d'=EAtre that I could spray everyone's
> license plate with a photoblocker spray http://www.photoblocker.com/
> and get the whole thing as the crow flies. Everybody will drive with
> self-belief and there will be fewer accidents.

All the spray will do is make your car's license tag unreadable on a=20
photo-radar or RLC picture. Good for defeating those devices, but won't=20
stop a policeman with a hand held radar or his car radar from clocking=20
you and pulling you over....
Old March 17th 05, 02:27 AM
Furious George

Dave C. wrote:

> > The law applies to plastic license plate covers, but I think the

term is
> > devices. If you get pulled over for something else and they notice

your
> > license plate has been tampered with, then they could ding you for

that
> too.
> >
> > This may be a scam anyway--maybe it's some spray on snake-oil

thing. A
> > better and cheaper alternative is just don't get speeding tickets.

> Assuming the spray works . . . how would anybody (a cop or anybody

else)
> NOTICE that the license plate had been tampered with? -Dave

Assuming that the snake oil works all anyone has to do to determine a
license plate has been sprayed is to attempt to photograph it.

Old March 17th 05, 02:44 PM
The Office Jet

It sounds like a massive waste of money to me. I think I'll rub
vaseline all over my entire car today and take a picture of it. Maybe
it will disappear.