Recommended insurer?

Old April 25th 04, 06:13 PM
Simon Mason

Default Recommended insurer?

"Hellraiser" > wrote in message
> Looking at getting an Alfa 155 2.0 Twinspark, but the insurance costs seem

> little scary - 800 quid or so, yet I'm 32, been driving company car last 7
> years, and a couple of SP30s. Anyone know of an Alfa-friendly and
> my-sort-of-person-friendly insurer?
>
> Hellraiser.........>

Try changing your name for starters ;-) I am 46 and it's 350 quid for my
1.8 156 with full NCB at Kwikfit.
Sjm

Old April 25th 04, 06:37 PM
Hellraiser

"Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> "Hellraiser" > wrote in message
> > Looking at getting an Alfa 155 2.0 Twinspark, but the insurance costs

seem
> > little scary - 800 quid or so, yet I'm 32, been driving company car last

7
> > years, and a couple of SP30s. Anyone know of an Alfa-friendly and
> > my-sort-of-person-friendly insurer?
> >
> > Hellraiser.........>

> Try changing your name for starters ;-) I am 46 and it's 350 quid for my
> 1.8 156 with full NCB at Kwikfit.

LOL, I guess that would cause them to view me in an unfavourable light
Will enquire with Kwikfit and see how much they reckon, I can't see why it
should be so high though - admittedly, I do have a couple of SP30's but when
you do 36k+ per year it's statistically much more likely you'll get done,
particularly in the wilds of Staffordshire where the crime level must be so
low that they can afford to have coppers in vans catching naughty motorists
all day long

Cheers

Hellraiser..........>

Old April 25th 04, 06:42 PM
SteveH

Hellraiser > wrote:

> > Try changing your name for starters ;-) I am 46 and it's 350 quid for my
> > 1.8 156 with full NCB at Kwikfit.

> LOL, I guess that would cause them to view me in an unfavourable light
> Will enquire with Kwikfit and see how much they reckon, I can't see why it
> should be so high though - admittedly, I do have a couple of SP30's but when
> you do 36k+ per year it's statistically much more likely you'll get done,
> particularly in the wilds of Staffordshire where the crime level must be so
> low that they can afford to have coppers in vans catching naughty motorists
> all day long

I think you've just hit the nail on the head here.

36k miles / year.

If I insure the 155 for 10k miles / year, I can get it for around £300
full comp.

Telling the truth about my 20k miles / year, it jumps up to £520.

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old April 25th 04, 07:09 PM
Hellraiser

> > LOL, I guess that would cause them to view me in an unfavourable light

> > Will enquire with Kwikfit and see how much they reckon, I can't see why

it
> > should be so high though - admittedly, I do have a couple of SP30's but

when
> > you do 36k+ per year it's statistically much more likely you'll get

done,
> > particularly in the wilds of Staffordshire where the crime level must be

so
> > low that they can afford to have coppers in vans catching naughty

motorists
> > all day long

> I think you've just hit the nail on the head here.
>
> 36k miles / year.
>
> If I insure the 155 for 10k miles / year, I can get it for around £300
> full comp.
>
> Telling the truth about my 20k miles / year, it jumps up to £520.

Ah yes, but that's in my current company car - I'm (hopefully) changing jobs
soon, and will just be travelling to and from the office, so around 8k miles
per year. Still bloody expensive though - you'd have thought the more miles
you did, the cheaper it would be as you'd be more experienced behind the
wheel

Anyway Steve, how old are you, how much NCD and who do you insure with if
you don't mind me asking?

Hellraiser..........>

Old April 25th 04, 07:30 PM
SteveH

Hellraiser > wrote:

> > Telling the truth about my 20k miles / year, it jumps up to £520.

> Ah yes, but that's in my current company car - I'm (hopefully) changing jobs
> soon, and will just be travelling to and from the office, so around 8k miles
> per year. Still bloody expensive though - you'd have thought the more miles
> you did, the cheaper it would be as you'd be more experienced behind the
> wheel
>
> Anyway Steve, how old are you, how much NCD and who do you insure with if
> you don't mind me asking?

5 years (protected) no claims.

Aged 30. Living in South Wales, insured with the RAC.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old April 25th 04, 07:31 PM
SteveH

SteveH > wrote:

> Hellraiser > wrote:
>
> > > Telling the truth about my 20k miles / year, it jumps up to £520.

> > Ah yes, but that's in my current company car - I'm (hopefully) changing jobs
> > soon, and will just be travelling to and from the office, so around 8k miles
> > per year. Still bloody expensive though - you'd have thought the more miles
> > you did, the cheaper it would be as you'd be more experienced behind the
> > wheel
> >
> > Anyway Steve, how old are you, how much NCD and who do you insure with if
> > you don't mind me asking?

> 5 years (protected) no claims.
>
> Aged 30. Living in South Wales, insured with the RAC.

Nearly forgot.... SP30 in June last year.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old April 25th 04, 07:32 PM
Hellraiser

> > > Ah yes, but that's in my current company car - I'm (hopefully)
changing jobs
> > > soon, and will just be travelling to and from the office, so around 8k

miles
> > > per year. Still bloody expensive though - you'd have thought the more

miles
> > > you did, the cheaper it would be as you'd be more experienced behind

the
> > > wheel
> > >
> > > Anyway Steve, how old are you, how much NCD and who do you insure with

if
> > > you don't mind me asking?

> > 5 years (protected) no claims.
> >
> > Aged 30. Living in South Wales, insured with the RAC.

> Nearly forgot.... SP30 in June last year.

Cheers for that Steve, all is not lost then

Hellraiser..........>

Old April 25th 04, 07:33 PM
Hellraiser

One question I forgot to ask - which model 155 do you drive?

Hellraiser.........>

Old April 25th 04, 07:56 PM
Catman

Hellraiser wrote:

> One question I forgot to ask - which model 155 do you drive?
>
> Hellraiser.........>

It's in his .sig
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old April 25th 04, 08:05 PM
SteveH

Hellraiser > wrote:

> One question I forgot to ask - which model 155 do you drive?

2lt TS Lusso 'Narrowbody'. 10 years old on an L-plate.

ISTR the 75 is about the same.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL