Dome light '01 Lw300

Old July 8th 05, 01:37 PM
Oppie

Default Dome light '01 Lw300

The rear (cargo area) dome lamp in our lw300 went out lately. Lamps (3) seem
to be all OK but won't come on regardless of the position of the switch.
Front dome lamp works properly.

Before I make myself crazy toting out the electrical drawings, anybody seen
this before? Since all the lamps are on a timer to turn off power after 20
minutes, I suspected a hiccup in the body control module. Pulled all the
usual fuses (just short of pulling the battery feed) to reset the systems -
no change.

Thanks in advance for any information
Oppie

Old July 11th 05, 02:28 AM
Oppie

Found the problem.
I installed a class 1 trailer hitch and trailer light converter a couple of
weeks ago. Tapped in all the circuits for the trailer lights in the left
rear tail light access panel. The connector feeding the rear dome light is
inside that panel too. I must have dislodged it and never noticed the dome
was out. Just pushed the connector together again and all is good.

"Oppie" > wrote in message
news:1120826189.e242efc91c7f7034a4199443400dd9ef@t eranews...
> The rear (cargo area) dome lamp in our lw300 went out lately. Lamps (3)

seem
> to be all OK but won't come on regardless of the position of the switch.
> Front dome lamp works properly.
>
> Before I make myself crazy toting out the electrical drawings, anybody

seen
> this before? Since all the lamps are on a timer to turn off power after 20
> minutes, I suspected a hiccup in the body control module. Pulled all the
> usual fuses (just short of pulling the battery feed) to reset the

systems -
> no change.
>
> Thanks in advance for any information
> Oppie

Dome light bulb for '99 mustang? Erik Hovind Ford Mustang 0 June 29th 05 02:17 AM
2002 Ford Explorer Dome Light and Charger memphis Ford Explorer 2 May 7th 05 09:49 PM
Interior Dome light of 1996 Dodge neon David Sherman Chrysler 3 January 16th 05 09:30 PM
SES light came on, lw300 Oppie Saturn 5 August 28th 04 07:54 PM
Dome Light Delay Affecting Alarm BrianH Dodge 2 July 12th 04 01:33 PM