Stoplamp/Cruise Switch - '93 JGC

Old July 10th 05, 11:50 PM
Dick

Default Stoplamp/Cruise Switch - '93 JGC

I have had a problem with my stoplamp switch nearly the entire life of
our '93 JGC. It's not the stoplamps per se that are the problem, but
the cruise control which uses the same switch. The switch is so
sensitive, small bumps in the road knock the cruise control off. I
end up pulling up on the brake petal with my toe every time I see
rough pavement or a bridge. Not a good solution.

I have tried adjusting the switch until I am blue in the face with no
results. If I get it so the cruise stays on, then the stoplamps don't
come on. It's a vicious circle. I took the switch out and found that
there is only a tiny bit of travel before the switch actuates. Maybe
a 1/16" or less. I went to the Jeep dealer and was going to buy a new
one, but it too had the tiny bit of travel before you hear it click.
Has anyone else had this problem? It's really annoying. I have
thought about checking aftermarket switches, like at NAPA or Checker
to see if they are any different.

Dick
Old July 11th 05, 01:09 PM
Dana Rohleder

Maybe it isn't the switch, but rather the pedal being sloppy. Maybe it needs
new bushings, or possibly a spring to keep it as high as possible?

--
Dana
Port Kent, NY

2002 Saturn LW300
93 Jeep YJ
90 Jeep XJ Ltd.
---------------
95 Grand Cherokee Ltd.
91 Grand Wagoneer Ltd.
82 Cherokee 4dr
76 Cherokee 2dr

news

Old July 11th 05, 02:33 PM
Dick

I have thought about a stronger spring.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:09:39 -0400, "Dana Rohleder"
> wrote:

>Maybe it isn't the switch, but rather the pedal being sloppy. Maybe it needs
>new bushings, or possibly a spring to keep it as high as possible?

Turn signal switch problems in '97 Cobra... JS Ford Mustang 9 March 4th 05 12:16 AM
Idle Problem on '89 Golf Geoff Glave VW water cooled 7 January 24th 05 05:21 PM
Headlight Switch? Randolph Honda 2 December 15th 04 07:00 AM
2002 Honda Odyssey Side View Mirror Switch Failure Hand Honda 15 December 4th 04 07:03 PM
Ign Switch Failure examination 91 B3 dave VW water cooled 0 October 2nd 04 04:46 PM