If you have your choice...

Old July 9th 05, 09:03 PM
Mark Conklin

It all depends on what you want to do with the car. Forced indiction is not
generally ideal for a road racing car because of heat soak and the
additional weight over the nose. But a drag car is a whole different
story...

MC

Old July 9th 05, 09:42 PM
razz

There are allot of cars that have forced induction in road racing, and were
talking an extra 20-30 lbs

Old July 10th 05, 01:35 AM
Mark Conklin

True, but look at how many Mustangs there are in road racing that have
forced induction.

Old July 10th 05, 07:32 PM
Alias

Ok, perhaps I missed something. Why not use a centrifugal S/C? Is it
less reliable than a roots?

Old July 10th 05, 08:42 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

In a word.... TORQUE!!!!!! If you like the performance of a BB then a
centrifugal just won't scratch the itch.

Old July 11th 05, 01:08 AM
Gill

RichA wrote:
> What method of horsepower increase would you choose?
> -Supercharger.
> -Nitrous
> -More cubic inches
> -A more refined (upped compression, etc) motor?
>
> Personally, I think more cubes is the sensible path, owing to
> it's simplicity, but then bolting on a supercharger or nox bottle
> is perhaps easier.
> -Rich

Procharger power baby! I have all the torque I need for the street and
top end pulls like wild horses. With the big intercooler up front
there's no need to keep filling a damn water/alcohol bottle, run race
fuel or pull timing too much.

--
Tropic Green Y2k GT Coupe
http://tinyurl.com/avta4
Old July 11th 05, 01:36 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

Gill wrote:
> RichA wrote:
>
>> What method of horsepower increase would you choose?
>> -Supercharger.
>> -Nitrous
>> -More cubic inches
>> -A more refined (upped compression, etc) motor?
>>
>> Personally, I think more cubes is the sensible path, owing to it's
>> simplicity, but then bolting on a supercharger or nox bottle
>> is perhaps easier.
>> -Rich

> Procharger power baby! I have all the torque I need for the street and
> top end pulls like wild horses. With the big intercooler up front
> there's no need to keep filling a damn water/alcohol bottle, run race
> fuel or pull timing too much.

With the new generation of Kenne Bell blowers for the 4.6L Mustangs you
can have massive low-end torque and great peak hp numbers. Best of both
worlds short of twin turbos.
Old July 11th 05, 02:35 AM
Wound Up

"Scott Van Nest" > wrote in message
> >You can rub the damned valve covers clean and get 10 hp out of
>>those things due to improved heat dissipation. ;^)

> I like your style. The more BB posts I read, the more I want to drop a
> 460
> in the '71.

Hell yeah!! Go for it. BB is an Attitude. Come to the dark side, it's a
lot of fun.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old July 11th 05, 02:36 AM
Wound Up

"wabbitslayer" > wrote in message
.. .
> Bennett Racing in AL has a windsor based 427 stroker supposedly good for
> 600hp naturally aspirated on 91 octane.
> I'm thinking one of those with a KB Blowzilla stuck on top.

Now, we're getting somewhere.

Old July 11th 05, 02:40 AM
Wound Up

"Chris Shea" > wrote in message
> hello all - good discussion...
>
> is it not true that a positive displacement supercharger effectively
> "adds"
> cubic inches?

It is absolutely true that it effectively quote-unquote adds displacement.
So does high RPM in terms of CFM. But it is forced induction creating this
contrived (and subjective) mathematical equivalent of displacement, not
actual swept volume. You're absolutely correct, and many opt for this
route. But there is nothing like actual cubes there, all the time, not
measured as boost pressure on top of what you actually have... JMI...

Mustang or Magnum R/T Hemi--Easy Choice Dave Combs Ford Mustang 9 November 24th 04 05:57 PM
!!HELP GAMERS CHOICE Dave Saturn 0 September 2nd 04 11:49 PM
Would a Jeep be your choice ? rnf2 4x4 12 February 9th 04 03:55 PM
Would a Jeep be your choice ? Iowa883 4x4 0 February 7th 04 11:38 PM