I have three codes cant figure out

Old August 4th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jo jo avenger boy

Default I have three codes cant figure out

Hey to all, i have a 1995 dodge avenger es with a/c i have some
problems 'haha' I am getting three codes, code 22, 23, 44 i replaced
the coolant temp sensor, and cleaned the air intake sensor. but the
code 44 i am way lost on??? i need some major help my car runs like
total pooo and i know its thesse codes. The car will die a lot kinda
in the mornings and it dosent like to shift outta 2nd gear to i just
turn the key of and back on it works fine.. the engine and generator
lights come on and stay on all times but they go out every now and then
but instantley come back on?? please help

tia
joe

Old August 4th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

have you checked the charging system? ie, battery and connections are clean.
Alternator is charging properly?

Old August 4th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jo jo avenger boy

yes battery is in ok condition alternator is ok too. the car runs like
it is the computer or sensors are bad. like its running real rich, i
use a bit more gas than i think it should too. i am starting to beleave
that the computer is bad or needs to be reflashed. i know the TCM needs
it i beleave that is why it stays in 2nd gear but would that make my
car run like it has been??

thanx much for help keep it coming if you need more info just let me
know.

thank you
joe

Old August 4th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

The car staying in second, means it is in limp mode. The reason is probably
one of the tranny sensors is bad. What you should do is bite the bullet and
spend the roughly $80 and have the Chrysler dealership actually scan the
car. They can scan the computer and tranny control and get the fault codes,
as well as cycle through the sensors, to pinpoint the problem are. They are
the only ones to be able to scan the transmission control. And you are
probably right in it being the PCM being faulty.

Old August 4th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jo jo avenger boy

yea i was thinking the same thing so it only about 80 bucks ? i sure
hope it isnt anything crazy and costly thank you for all your input.

joe

Old August 4th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Usually around $80. Your best bet is to call and ask how much for scanning.
Tell them what is going on, and that you want them to scan the computer to
see what's going on. Repairs on the other hand are what you have to watch
for for repair costs.

Old August 5th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Knifeblade_03[_17_]

Yeah, having codes scanned on a diagnostic machine are usually more
precise than the blinking-count-the flashes method. Your code 44 seems
to show temperature sensor fault.

--
Knifeblade_03
Knifeblade_03's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=262826