True market value of a C-3

Old August 9th 06, 03:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

Default True market value of a C-3

From the picture, the hood grill, the bumpers, and the side script, it looks
like a '75. It would help if you said more about the car and where you are
located as prices change that way.

There are people getting mid-teens for rubber bumper cars, but the cars are
in excellent condition usually, of one of two categories - original or
well-planned modified. However, most of these cars are lucky to make
$10,000.

By well-planned modified, I don't mean just run out and buy a Holley and
some tires and wheels, but set up a plan as to how the car should look and
act. They decide to do something like run EFI injection and then they build
the entire engine based on that plan, then follow through to the
transmission and rear suspension to complement the plan.

Too many stuff a cam in and a Holley on top and never think of how things
have to work together and so they are low in price also.

Many "restore" but don't realize what "restore" really means and wonder why
they can't get the price they want/need.

Rebuilding, which is what most people really need, is not usually
compensated for today. That is a shame, because most people are really
looking for a Vette that will run safely and reliably and that is
rebuilding. Instead, they buy restored, and there is no need for restored
for the majority of buyers who want to drive the car. Many have become
indoctrinated that original engine is king and NOM is junk. Unfortunately,
people are sheep, and you get a few flashy names telling them "you should
only buy this" and off they go towards that only.

Good luck in your sale. Be prepared for people to ask lots of questions in
the above two categories. Since you appear mostly stock, be prepared to have
numbers on the engine, transmission, and rear end because some will ask.

newsY6dnS4fObi0oETZnZ2dnUVZ_oednZ2d@scnresearch. com...