European delivery (Canadian sale)

Old March 15th 05, 06:20 PM
Michael Harvey

Default European delivery (Canadian sale)

Hi, can anybody advise me on the pros and cons of European delivery? We are
visiting Franfurt from Canada for three weeks in July. I am interested in
the X3 (2006 model).

Old March 16th 05, 03:05 PM
Frank Kemper

"Michael Harvey" > haute in die
Tasten:

> Hi, can anybody advise me on the pros and cons of European
> delivery? We are visiting Franfurt from Canada for three weeks in
> July. I am interested in the X3 (2006 model).

Pro:

You can break in your BMW in Germany (preferably on a trip from
Frankfurt to Munich, where you can visit the BMW museum, which
currently is under construction) and other lovely places. Munich is
some 5 hours driving from Frankfurt.
You can experience the car on unlimited Autobahns
You can visit an interesting country and experience travelling from
Frankfurt to France or other countries within hours

Con:

You may break your neck when you discover that it needs some experience
to travel on a public road with 125 mph (so settle with 100 mph, which
is also very fine)
You may have a very expensive holiday due to the weak US-Dollar
You may find Frankfurt a boring city and feel the urge to go to berlin.
This is not a bad idea, althought driving in Berlin isn't exactly fun
for one who is not used to the driving habits of the people there. Take
the ICE high speed train instead and have fun drinkong beer in the
onboard lounge during the travel;-)

Sorry, but I cannot comment on other pro's and con's, because we
Europeans always take european delivery;-)

SCNR

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Old March 16th 05, 06:36 PM
The Malt Hound

"Frank Kemper" > wrote in message

> Sorry, but I cannot comment on other pro's and con's, because we
> Europeans always take european delivery;-)

Well then, there's a huge benefit of european delivery. You don't
have to fly to 'merica to pick up your car and bring it home. ;-)

Actually, this would seem to apply to the X and Z cars.